“Friendly host & great food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Balsporran Cottage Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dalwhinnie
Balsporran Cottage Bed and Breakfast
You added Balsporran Cottage Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
Drumochter Pass, Dalwhinnie PH19 1AF, Scotland   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Dalwhinnie B&B and Inns
Kinnesswood
“Friendly host & great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

This was my last night on a 12 day 720 mile cycle tour. Although I arrived early this was not a problem and was made most welcome. Food is cooked to order and great. I left the following morning very well rested and fed. My hosts were very friendly and helpful. I would have no hesitation recommending this overnight to other cyclists.

• Stayed June 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for just shy of a week over Easter. It was a very handy base for exploring the Highlands and we totally fell in love with every vista that greeted us around every turn. The bed was comfy, the cooked breakfast warming and filling and a great start to the day. Dalwhinnie's charm is its isolation, it truly is remote and this was a great central base for exploring. If, however, the A9 is closed due to weather conditions then you will be stuck!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I was so pleased with my choice. It took some searching for an overnight stop and I couldn't believe my luck in finding this gem of a B & B where you can also have a home cooked evening meal. My room was small but so, so comfortable and I slept really well. The lounge is a very pleasant room where you can sit by the fire to read or chat to other guests. The only problem I had with the little trains was that they passed too quickly for me to grab a camera and take a photo! I felt very much at home here as the owners were very kind and welcoming. I will definitely stay here again when I go up north and have passed the details on to friends.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Inverness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I have passed this B&B several times on route south from Inverness and have always thought what a stunning location, within easy access of the A9 sitting within walking distance of several munros surrounded by heather moors.
I stayed for a night in April and was not disappointed ..... excellent hosts, comfortable bedroom and guest lounge with stunning views. My bedroom was classed as a single but the bed was 3/4 size and extremely comfortable. My cosy room offered a selection of books, as well as the usual tea and coffee I found mineral water and orange to dilute. I couldn't hear any traffic noise and only heard two trains passing one around 10.00pm and the next the following morning.The ensuite toilet and shower room was small but big enough for a single traveller, maybe not if a six foot male though!
The breakfast was delicious, I'm not a great sausage fan but I must admit the venison sausages were pretty tasty! Although I did not have an evening meal I studied the menu and it looked quite impressive. Just wish I could have stayed longer .....mental note made .... next time bring my husband , arrive a little earlier and enjoy an evening meal there too!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Aberdeenshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Second time I've stayed here when doing grouse pointing at Drumochter and as it's smack bang next to the estate, you couldn't get a better location. This time I had my husband as well as our two GSPs in tow. It's a lovely, comfortable house right next to the railway track which adds to the charm. Ann and Phil are really easy going and didn't mind the dogs having a good sniff around (including at the bird cage....). They had a roaring log fire going in the guest lounge which was super and they have Wifi so you can check emails etc. We had dinner which was generous portions and very tasty, It's BYO for any booze. I'm sure we'll be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Falkirk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here yet again ! It's a great location ,love being so near railway line .What fantastic views too .Great hosts as ever ....we will be back .....Good value .Cosy bedrooms ,we've stayed in them all I think ...Relaxing time ,tasty breakfast .I cannot say anything negative at all ...

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
UK.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I based myself here for eight days to walk the hills and try some off-road biking. Hosts Phil and Ann are keen cyclists and can give lots of useful tips. The B&B is right up against the main railway line with its own footpath level crossing leading straight out to four Munros - but you're never disturbed by the few trains that pass, nor by the busy A9. Balsporran is about a close as you can get to the centre of Scotland, so it's not far to drive round to Lochaber and Fort William, up to Aviemore and the Cairngorm summits, down to Pitlochry and the Perthshire hills, or the Monadhliath Mountains. The B&B is very comfortable, quiet, and well equipped with a guests' lounge and good rooms. Stay here!

Room Tip: Four rooms - all good.