“I was thrown out for complaining!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Cherry Lodge Guest House

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rotherwick
Cherry Lodge Guest House
You added Cherry Lodge Guest House to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   Reading Road, Rotherwick, Hook RG27 9DB , England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Rotherwick B&B and Inns
East Sussex, UK
“I was thrown out for complaining!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2008

I booked myself in for 6 nights as I was attending a course nearby. I arrived late on the first night and was greeted less than enthusiastically although I had advised them of my late arrival.

Where do I begin - the room and bed were damp. The shower was alive with mould, the towel and bath mat were filthy, one of the bed side lamps was falling to pieces, I couldn't get to the dressing table as the bed was against it, the duvet was both musty and smokey, there was a massive spider's web between the hair dryer and the shelf - when was this place last cleaned!!

After requesting clean towels in the morning which the owner appeared to have difficulty in finding, I was delayed getting down for breakfast and was then rudely asked to leave and was not given breakfast. I did ask for reimbursement of all 6 nights which I had paid in advance and was given back 5!

Needless to say, I would not recommend this dump of a place to anyone and wonder why these people are in the business of running a B&B.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Families
Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2007

I stayed here due to lack of options for my price range! The business
parks around the area mean there is a constant flow of consultants and contractors so the local hotels and B&B's charge a lot knowing the business's pay. Unfortunately, I was paying my own way. The hostess is very friendly - Katherine. Breakfast has lots of options including a cooked breakfast. The beds are comfy enough and the rooms
are clean. There is wireless internet if you have your own laptop. Now, on the other hand...

The room was really small, so you can barely walk around the bed. You
couldn't even open the cupboard door for your clothes. The bathroom is more or less part of the room and is carpeted! The bath suite was really old and was really a bath with the shower bits thrown in, wasn't very comfy having a shower. The room was advertised as satellite tv - NOT! The family is in control of the one channel that is satellite so it depends on what they're watching in the tv room. No signals for mobile phone, and you can't receive calls on the phone
in the room. They did warn me that making calls from the room would be really expensive so they don't recommend it. Whats the use of the room phone then!? You are not allowed to eat in your room - fair enough. But the dining room is used by the family as well, so its really uncomfortable to bring your take away in there and eat and it is locked after about 9pm. The tv room is also the family room, so you can't really lounge about. They charge £1 per dvd per night if you want to take it to your room!

• Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Rotherwick hotels

Been to Cherry Lodge Guest House? Share your experiences!