“Great hotel with staff who want you to enjoy your time there” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beaumont Estate

Save Saved
You added Beaumont Estate to your Saves list
Beaumont Estate
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Burfield Road | Beaumont Estate, Old Windsor SL4 2JJ, England   |
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Old Windsor
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Great hotel with staff who want you to enjoy your time there”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We met up with friends here and their children.
The room was clean and had everything you would need for an overnight stay.
We asked for a fridge and within half an hour one was delivered.
The children enjoyed the entertainment - Beaumont Bear really was good fun to be around. (even for us)
We did have a mishap with one of the meals but this was soon rectified and another meal quickly brought and a free round of drinks offered.
Swimming pool was lovely with set times for adults and children to swim.
We would definitely go again. Came back feeling we had been away for a week - totally relaxed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
BeaumontHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Beaumont Estate, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Beaumont Estate, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed your bedroom and that all staff were accommodating to you. I am pleased to see that Beaumont Bear was a hit with you and your children. We will look forward to welcoming you back.

Thank you again for writing a review on Beaumont Estate.

1,568 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (462)
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Went here for a conference and the conference room and its set-up was one of the best I´ve ever been to. The main building is also very pretty. However, there are mainly two things bringing it all down to a rather poor experience:
1) The room: I don´t think anything has been done with the room since the beginning of the 90'ies as the colors were a mixed between neon red, wood, and mint. Quite ugly to be honest. The bed was fine, but the bathroom was terrible. Not only did we get only one towel (no, not one big and one small, just one very large one) for the whole stay, but the toilet flush didn´t work properly and the tap did not mix the hot and cold water. I am glad that I didn´t have to watch TV, as the 14" in would require me to get glasses. I think they could have saved themselves the bother of having TV´s in the room at all. The walls are also very thin, so you hear everything from people walking in the hallway to the airplanes at Heathrow.
2) The food: the conference was quite big and something went very wrong in the food arrangements. Not only was it not enough food for everyone, but the food offered was just not for everybody (fish pie, some pork stew, and jacked potato). I ended up with some cauliflower, some tomato, and plain rice for lunch as they ran out of food. In addition, they did not have enough space for all the guests in the dining room, leading to several people having to eat in the hallway. The dinner arrangements were much better though. The breakfast was not good at all and mainly consisted of bacon, sausages and other warm stuff. The only healthy option I found was some fruit. Someone told me that they apparently had muesli there as well, but no one seemed to find it.

Room Tip: Do not choose the South building!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
BeaumontHotel, General Manager at Beaumont Estate, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for your feedback following an event at Beaumont Estate, and I am pleased to see that our expertise in running large events ensured that you were suitably impressed with the set up and operation of the event.

I am however, disappointed that you found the food not to be to your liking, as we have various options and menus available for our corporate guests, and usually the choice made by the organiser meets with everyone's approval although I apologise on this occasion this was not the case.

In relation to your room, I apologise that you were not satisfied with your allocation, decor and facilities, we aim to strike a balance between functionality and pleasant muted tones in furnishings and decor, and although much time is spent out of a bedroom I appreciate that the decor may not suit all tastes.

Caroline Morrone - General Manager

Travelers are raving about these Old Windsor hotels

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Room was a definite disappointment. Bed was very hard, pillows horrendous. Thought clean, the shower was barely functional. I stayed in the south building. This is a good 10 minute walk from the restaurant. Grounds are beautiful but it rained while we were here. Lots of families with legoland nearby.

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review, I am disappointed that you didn’t enjoy your stay with us, unfortunately I can not comment on the room you stayed in without knowing the room allocation, but I am confident that if you would of spoken to reception we could of moved you.

Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Our travel agent booked us in here for the last few nights of our trip because it is close to Heathrow. The pictures on the website showed a country estate, with an elegant old building and beautiful grounds. And yes there is a nice old building on the grounds, but you are accommodated in a series of buildings like a council housing estate that is spread all over the grounds. The bed would have to be the worst bed I have ever slept in, broken, lopsided and the pillows were only half filled with stuffing. We asked room service for additional pillows ( there were no extra pillows in the room) and they were in the same condition. You need a few stiff drinks to manage any sleep, except that there are no bar fridges in the room, so you are forced to go to the bar for a drink, which is not that great a place. The bathroom door only just fits past the toilet, not a well designed bathroom and the shower is less than adequate. We had dinner in the restaurant the first night and both ordered the lamb steak. The menu said it was served medium rare, however when the meals came, one was well done and the other was so well done it had shrivelled up and was totally inedible. I sent it back and some time later a replacement was provided. Breakfast was so bad that even though it was included in the price, after the first morning we went out for breakfast. In fact after the first night my husband and I seriously considered moving to another hotel even though we had paid in full and would lose our money. In the end we completed our three days there by leaving early in the day and only returning to sleep late at night. The staff were very helpful and tried hard to make good on the deficiencies of the hotel. This is a family friendly hotel and that also is part of the problem. Because it is so large, and there are so many families staying there, the facilities, dining options and rooms are over used and very tired.Quality has very much been sacrificed for quantity.

Room Tip: Only if you are desperate!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I am disappointed to read that you didn’t enjoy your stay with us and that the hotel is not for you.

Thank you for all of your feedback on the hotel.

Brigg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We have no complaints about any aspects of this hotel. Set in beautiful, manicured gardens the hotel was immaculate and the staff very friendly. Jodie in particular gave valuable information regarding places to visit.
We found the restaurant food and service excellent and nothing was too much trouble.
The room was on the small side but was clean and comfortable. Unfortunately we had forgotten our leisure gear to enable a visit to the gym and swimming pool. The hotel has a lot of history and apart from a photograph album there was virtually no information on the past an example being the "doogle bug " damage on the Chapel during WW11.
This was our first visit to the area and despite the 200 mile journey we would love to return

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Beaumont Estate, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you enjoyed all aspects of the Hotel, set in beautiful grounds, Hotel was immaculate and all staff were friendly. I do hope that we have the pleasure to welcome you back so you get a chance to use the leisure facilities.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write a review on Beaumont Estate.

Guatemala City, Guatemala
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

After our stay at the premier inn near Heathrow, we decided to enjoy a day in the English countryside and we found this outstanding hotel for 1 night. It was very British -- the style, architecture, rooms, bathrooms , rugs , and entrance. I would recommend staying in this hotel for someone that wants to get out of hectic London for awhile and enjoy Windsor for a weekend. You can read a good book,enjoy a good tea, enjoy and chill out in their beautiful property; why not, you can even have a romantic getaway with your loved one.

The only thing which caught my attention was the size of the beds. My brother and I stayed at a double room, but I don't know if it was me, but I felt the beds were quite small and you could not cover with the full blankets because it seemed attached to something under the bed. This was the only peculiarity....

And finally, we ordered extra pillows to our room and no one stopped by to deliver them.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Beaumont estate, I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and was able to enjoy our beautiful grounds and surroundings, I do apologise regarding the extra pillows not being delivered to your room.

Malpas, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

It would be more comfortable to sleep on the floor, beds are very hard. Room was too hot. Dinner was like just like having a school dinner, it was a buffet. Breakfast is nothing special. Very disappointed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I am disappointed that you didn’t enjoy your stay with us and that the hotel is not for you.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review

Kim Norris-Guest Relations Manager

Been to Beaumont Estate? Share your experiences!