“Dissapointed” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Village Urban Resort Wirral

You added Village Urban Resort Wirral to your Saves list
Village Urban Resort Wirral
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Pool Lane | Bromborough, Bromborough CH62 4UE, England (Formerly DeVere Village Hotel & Leisure Club Wirral)   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Bromborough
“Dissapointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Stayed here for a second time on business. First time booked upper deck room which was nice and I left a very happy visitor. Second time went for standard room and it's dissapointing.
I stay in hotels often so generally have realistic expectations. The room for the second stay was more basic which I expected and have no issue with. I do have an issue with the hairs left in the bathroom and dust covering most surfaces. I say most as the hand prints on the walls had removed some.
Some of the furniture had cigarette burns which I can only assume have been there for years. There was a message above the bathroom taps which was worn away - i'm hoping this didn't say 'dont drink the water' as I used it to fill the kettle.
The bathroom had soap dispensers which is a touch I generally like but there was nothing else provided. I generally like to have at least some bath foam but in honesty after seeing hairs I couldnt bring myself to use the bath.
I find this all to be a terrible shame and I'm hoping I had a rogue room as before this experience I had spoken very highly of Village Hotels.
The staff are always extremely polite but someone really needs to follow up on the cleaning. This really is not acceptable and a shame as I'm sure it could be resolved.
Basic rooms are acceptable (and perhaps my expectations are high) but large amounts of dust in my view represents the fact theres more dirt and bugs that cant be seen.
Such a shame.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Polish first
Bristol, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Stayed here for a night and overall it was very good. We upgraded to an "Upper Deck" room and I think it was worth it, nice decor, complimentary water plus Starbucks coffee and Sky TV and I found the bed really comfy. The intermittent notice from the air con unit disturbed my sleep though.

We had a couple of drinks in the Victory pub, and dinner in the Italian restaurant. I ordered the tomato and mozzarella salad as a main thinking it would be more of a proper salad but it was literally just tomato and mozzarella. However when a waitress came over to ask if everything was ok I mentioned this and she fetched me a full salad which was appreciated.

Breakfast was good, buffet with a decent choice of hot fare, would have liked some hash browns though!

I would stay here again

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Mirfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Got a very good deal over Easter so spent 3 nights here. Very good value for money. Stayed in another of their hotels, but preferred this one.My son really appreciated the excellent leisure facilities. Room was a bit tired looking but everything else was fine and well worth the money.

Stayed April 2013
lancs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed here for three days Bed, Breakfast and Dinner. The Staff were fantastic and could not do enough for you. The room was good and included Sky sports which was a bonus. The food was as good as anywhere we have eaten with a good choice of menu.Our Grand kids loved it and were spoilt rotten with the staff. There is a good leisure facility. All in All a great 3 day Break. We will certainly return and could highly recomend this hotel

Room Tip: We had room 228 and it was great. I believe you can upgrade to better rooms but no children
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
blackpool
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

stayed one night over the easter holidays.
room was large but needed a good clean, hair in shower, rim of old shampoo on side of bath and bits on floor.
our room was above the fitness suite so we had the base of the music pumping into our room which was so loud, so loud i had to shout to the people in my room,
stayed on a package 89 for dinner, bed a breakfast. food was awfull in buca, large slices of raw garlic on garlic bread, large pieces in meatballs, greasy pizza and over cooked calameria.
we mentioned it on the way out as there were other people around us while we were eating. the gentleman said he was grateful for our feedback but that was it.
breakfast carnt really comment as only has toast as we werent hungry due to being up all night as had terrible indijestion due to too much garlic and greasy food.
the reception staff were lovely on check in and check out so de vere can do something right.
i feel devere has had its time and was always seen as a more luxury hotel but the budget premier lodge to me is cleaner and more comfortable.
we have stayed in many deveres but that will be my last as the other site wasnt much better.
come on devere ....pull your socks up

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed 1 night only which was enough. Not a comfortable hotel in my opion and breakfast was awful. However, for £75 what can you expectand it served the purpose.

Recepion and staff bar staff were lovely.

Room could have been cleaner.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Ipswich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed here last weekend for two nights.. rooms were very comfortable and hotel facilities were excellent. We dined in the hotel on both evenings once in the restaurant and once in the Victory Pub. Both meals were very good. We found all the staff to be very friendly and helpful.

This hotel is a great place for anyone visiting Liverpool and the Wirral.

Room Tip: Check the De Vere website for any deals, we paid £69 for dinner bed & breakfast.. overall stay a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Village Urban Resort Wirral? Share your experiences!