“Excellent Food” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 45 Restaurants in Heswall
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Our menu changes with the seasons and is modern British, comfortably interwoven with some Mediterranean influences.It ranges from traditional favourites such as fish and chips and steaks to freshly made pizzas and pastas with the chef’s daily specials showcasing the finest market fresh ingredients. There’s something for everyone and for all occasions too. You don’t have to go for the full works if you don’t want to, just have a snack and a lovely drink in the bar with your friends.Wine is something of a passion for us and nothing pleases us more than when we unearth a new discovery that blows our socks off! We’ve got everything from crisp refreshing whites, trendy pinks to fat juicy reds by the bottle or glass so we are really looking forward to your reaction to all the latest treasures!We are also very proud of our beers and we have a great selection of cask ales, super chilled draft and bottled beers to quench your thirst.Just stop by for a pint of ale, read the papers and chill out or book a table and enjoy simple food prepared with care.
Chester, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

Really enjoyed the varied menu - Food was so good at lunch that we returned again a couple of days later for an evening meal. Dinner was lovely , cooked really well, and served nice and hot. Compliments to the chef

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Birkenhead, United Kingdom
“A lovely Christmassy experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

My oh my! Mulled wine and roaring log fires. This place is Christmas!
Really don't understand if myself and the last reviewer were at the same place.
Such tastefull rustic decorations, not nasty tinsle and overbearing flashing lights.
Staff were so helpfull and made some excellent recomendations for Christmas puds and drinks.
Wish they weren't full for Christmas Day as I would love to spend it here!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
wirral
“Inconsistent service, poor quality of food, disappointing all round”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

I ate here with some colleagues last week. I have emailed twice with observations and complaints but no one has yet had the courtesy to reply. We had pre-booked and the evening started off well. The service at the beginning was very good. We received our starters and wine promptly. The starters were all really beautifully cooked. The main course, we had all christmas turkey, came plated so no choice of veg, We each had sprouts and carrot/turnip, 2 very hard overcooked roasties and some turkey. No pigs in blankets! Very disappointing
Our puddings were lovely. We then had to wait and wait for more drinks. Eventually we had to go to the bar and ask for some service. The waitress came and took our order which then sat on the bar until we again had to go and ask for the drinks to be brought to the table. To top it all there wasn't any loo-roll in the ladies and hardly any christmas decorations around the dining room.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Preston, United Kingdom
“The Devon Doorway - great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

I've eaten here over a number of years and the food quality and service have always been great.

Place is always busy and always buzzing.

Will return again soon.

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Lovely Restaurant and Bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

I love going to this Restaurant and Bar. On every occasion we have been we have always had excellent food and service. Good choice of food and the place has a lovely ambience. It has an old fashioned look mixed with modern. I would definately recommend and I am surprised at some of the previous negative comments. The only negative point for me were the price of the drinks. £7+ for a large wine I think is a tad expensive. If I had realised it was so expensive I would have bought a bottle of wine as I had 3 delicious glasses I did think £21 was a lot to pay but it was worth it as we had a lovely evening.

• Visited October 2011