“Excellent Improvement” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Excellent Improvement”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

This takeaway has improved immensely in the past few months. When we first tried it the meals were very much hit and miss, but now they seem to have levelled out and their food is first class.

Visited March 2014

“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Have had curry from here on a number of occasions ,I have to say every time I received the food it was very tasty and good value for money, also the staff are very helpful if you need information about a certain curry.i would recommend you give this a try if you love curry.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Surely Wirrals finest take away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

From the warm welcome when you go in, to the always delicious food, Café Madras 2 delivers 5 stars every single time.

Food is always subjective, but I can honestly say I have never had better Indian food from anywhere in the country. My children always have a Chicken Korma and the good old Chicken Tikka Masala, which the share between them. I'm usually a little more adventurous and over the last couple of years have tried most things on the menu, and I've enjoyed it all. If I had to pick a favourite, then perhaps the 'Noorani Special' (King prawns in a hot chili masala sauce) would be the one, but there are so many to choose from that it really isn't an easy choice. It doesn't stop there, the naan breads (Keema and Peshwari in particular) are excellent, along with the completely moorish Onion Bhajis. We also love the chicken and lamb tikka starters, but we only get those when we are very, very hungry, because the portions are plentiful to say the least.

I mentioned the warm welcome, and lets face it you don't go for a take away because of the service, but here it's different. All the staff are all very friendly and always willing to recommend something if you're struggling to make up your mind. The kitchen is in plain view, and the chefs obviously take a lot of pride in their work and everything looks scrupulously clean.

All in all I can't fault Café Madras 2, and I'm always more than happy to recommend to family and friends, all of which have become regulars like myself. If you've been before you'll no doubt agree with most (if not all) of what I've written, if you've never been, then please go.....I promise you wont regret it and you'll have a new standard by which to judge all future Indian food on.

I know it all sounds too good to be true, and I'd forgive you for thinking I'm on commission, but I can assure you I'm not. I am, however, very particular what I feed my children, and if they have the choice of what food to eat (and this is a treat, not every day food), they always ask for curry and always from here. As a parent, I simply can't ask for more, because I'm assured of clean plates and very happy kids.

• Visited September 2013