“Very good restaurant with excellent service.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
“Very good restaurant with excellent service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Just got back from the olive grove and had a lovely meal, I went along with three other people aged between 24 and 56, we had a groupon voucher that entitled us to a meze, food was excellent, service was excellent and the restaurant had a lovely atmosphere, I live in Liverpool so it is a bit out of the way for me, but I would defiantly go again on special occasions

• 4 of 5 stars Food

“Disappointing, must try harder!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Decided to try here as we had passed by a number of times and the place looked different. At 8.20pm my girlfriend popped in to see if they had a table and was told there was a ten minutes wait. No problem we thought, its saturday night and we havent booked, so not bad,that was our first mistake....

We sat having a drink at the bar for over half an hour to be told it would be ready any minute. The staff were running round like nutters,the kitchen appeared to be on fire, it was then that we should have left, but by now it was 9pm, and we were peckish. Little did we know how hungry we would get...

Just after 9 we were shown to our table upstairs and shown menus and set about deciding what to have, everything looked nice a reasonably priced. After about 20 minutes I noticed no one was eatting! And people who had been seated half an hour before us still waiting. We would become one of those people. I'm not saying we waiting a long time to order, but my partner and I are now fluent in Greek,thanks to studying the menu for do long and are about to sit or GCSE!

We ordered and literally begged for our starter, as by now we had been there an over an hour. The starter arrived quite prompt, I'm sure the begging helped, as I'm sure we were served before people who had been there longer. The starter was lovely and now I felt relaxed as the plates were collected, more food started arriving and the mood upstairs changed with the sound knives and forks at work.

This was a false dawn however, as an hour passed and our main course hadnt arrive, maybe the chief was on his dinner? relaxation passed and was replaced by tired, sleepy and boredom. I was tempted to ring for a pizza, but I felt sorry for the other prisoners, sorry customers. By 10.30pm the wine had gone and the mood have dipped, the only sound now was the waitresses apologising constantly for the wait. Apparently the manager had gone on holiday and taken most of the kitchen staff with him! I kid you not. They must have turned the heating up to break us, because it was like the Sahara desert on a warm day!

Well enough was enough, we had run of out item to trade with the other for let overs,so it was time to go. We advised tbe manager we were going to be told our dinner was literally on it way. By now I was to tired to argue and had resigned myself to the fact we were here for the night when it arrived! After a couple of high fives, and a round of applause from the other prisoners we tucked in.

Hmmm disappointment was an understatement. The steak was bearly cooked after being ordered as medium well, and was almost still moving. The potatoes if thrown would have killed someone, but by now I just wanted to go, so stuck the steak on a napkin for the dog, and asked for the bill, was was brought swiftly,Oh the irony.
The meal was heavily discount and we were offered a free glass of wine, but my mum always said dont drink on an empty stomach. We left about 11pm almost three hours afte arriving, having eaten Pita bread, two meatballs and a potatoe.

All joking apart, the kichen couldn't handle a full house and we should have been turned away or advised of the very long wait for food. The main course was rushed?!? So was under cooked, and was the nail in the coffin. It's greedy to say yes but you know there's no way you can deliver. I could have been so different.....

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Wirral
“Food Quality”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Olive Groove Very nice place excellent service but food ,plenty of it ,but ,very bland you must have a taste for this type of food otherwise you will not enjoy it .

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Wallasey, United Kingdom
“Perfect antidote to the freezing weather”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We had a magnificent mezze at the Olive Grove last night watching the snow falling outside the window - the staff were friendly and attentive, the food could not be faulted and we literally could not have eaten another thing by the time the dessert was finished. The wine list is excellent too. All in all a perfect evening's eating and drinking - thoroughly recommended!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Brilliant night all round!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

We visited the olive grove on 19th January. We were greeted by 2 lovely members of staff and to whom seemed to be the manager, we were made feel very welcome. Food was fabulous and can not fault anything. Great value for money and drinks tasted great. Service was excellent. Will definitely be back very soon. Thank you for a very enjoyable evening.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere