“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I always make a point of eating here when I am in the area on business. The service is top class, the food is really good quality and it comes in huge portions. Its also got a great atmosphere that's one of the reasons I enjoy going there. If you haven't been yet I would advise you try it out.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Have been here for lunch now several times, and have to say that i find it a really nice place to eat.The staff are friendly and efficient.The food is good and the prices are very reasonable-i don`t think i need to add any more.one tip though-its worth booking as it does get busy,which speaks volumes about the place i guess.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London
“good value, great food, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Had a birthday meal at the Bistro the Walk tonight as a table of 13. Plenty of choice from the menu - in fact too much to choose from so we'll be back. Waitesses were realy nice, food came out at a relaxed- unrushed and approriate pace for our group. The starters were all really good especially the meze and several of us had the mixed grill with the homemade chilli sauce - perfect dinner!! Dessert for an extra pound is well worth it too. Thank you and be back soon

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sandy, United Kingdom
“Nice enough - nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

My partner and I ate here last night after reading some very good reviews on here. I hate to say we were not overly impressed.

The restaurant was very cold and we had to ask to be moved seats as the window seats had a serious draft. We also felt the restaurant could benefit from some slight improvement to the decor as felt a bit bare and not very cosy.

We both had the deep fried calamarri for starters, I couldnt eat mine as I ordered assuming it would be small, thin slices however it was very thick, chunky slices which I dont like. My partner ate most of his though and thought it was ok.

For mains I had the prawns and mashed potatoes which was very tasty, really enjoyed the prawns and the sauce which they came in. The mashed potato was also very nice, creamy and fluffy just how they should be!

My partner had the mixed grill and really enjoyed it. I tried some of the meat and it was very nice and tasty.

We probably would go back in the future and try some of the other dishes as it was ok, just not overwhelming. We do eat out a lot though and have pretty high standards so maybe we are a bit fussier than the average person!

The waiter that saw to us was very friendly and polite which was a nice touch!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London
“First time visit, won't be the last - fabulous night.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Just got in from a fantastic night at Bistro the Walk. We were going out for a meal with friends and wanted to book something within easy travelling distance from us both. Potters Bar was about mid way and so I came on to Trip Advisor to look at restaurants around that area, not being too familiar with the area myself. This came up as the top restaurant and, after having a fantastic night there, I can totally see why. The setting is relaxed, informal, loud and fun. The waiting staff are very attentative, without being the tiny bit intrusive and very patient and polite (we were chatting so much amongst ourselves that it took us a while to decide on our starter and main and not once did we feel rushed or pressured into hurrying up to order). The olives and bread on the table were a nice touch and kept the hunger at bay while we were deciding which of the huge amount of choice we were going to have off of the menu. I had the deep fried brie to start and my fellow diners had the liver and the duck salad. All were amazing. For our mains, 3 had the lamb shish, while I had the sea bream with salmon. They were all lovely. Very, very delicious indeed. For desert we had between us strawberry cheescake, stuffed apricots and lemon sorbet. Again, all totally delicious. On top of this we had 3 bottles of house red. When the bill came we were amazed that it came to just under £100. For 3 courses and 3 bottles of wine between 4 people, it was outstanding value. I have been lucky enough to have eaten in some lovely restaurants and I love my food and this place really hits the spot. The food is outstanding value for the price and the level of service is great. No wonder it was so packed. Our first visit, but this will most certainly not be our last. If you are looking for a relaxed, fun venue with great service and amazing value for money, you would be very hard pressed to beat this place. Well done Bistro the Walk, can't wait to come back. x

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere