“Good for the price - a pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars

Long Island Hotel
Victoria Close, Rickmansworth WD3 4EQ, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rickmansworth
Leeds
“Good for the price - a pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Booked this for a couple of nights while I visited my office in Ricky. The hotel is getting old but was still quite nice for the price you pay. The room was adequate and the bed comfortable. The bathroom really needs upgrading but this will not happen.

The breakfast was excellent and was served quickly. When I am next in my office, I will book here again.

I understand that Greene King have now sold this hotel and that it will stay open for about another year and then be demolished for more flats. This is a shame as the building could easily be upgraded and made to look better. This is about the only hotel in Ricky and with great amenities it will be a shame to see it go.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Jason C, Guest Relations Manager at Long Island Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, I'm glad you found the hotel good value. We work hard in all areas of the hotel to provide fantastic value for money. It’s good to hear that you had a positive experience. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Stafford
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Long Island hotel was ok, but it is well past it's sell by date, the room was pleasant enough but needed a new carpet and the duvet was the lumpiest ever. The bathroom was in dire need of a refurb with chipped MDF everywhere. We were told by a local that the place is due to be knocked down so I don't think there will be any work done....

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time out our your busy day to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. We are aware of certain issues to do with the building and it pleases me to say that a maintenance programme has since been rolled out to improve the hotel. The team and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

This hotel is lovely! Ok, it's old school, it needs a fresh coat of paint and new furniture, but that's what charming about it. We managed to get it for 40 Pounds a night, with a yummy breakfast included! The breakfast is only from 8 to 10, though, so not convenient if you leave early for work :( The room is large, with LOADS of storage place for clothes! The bathroom is big with a bathtub. The staff are lovely. It's right across the Tube station, so very easy to get to the Centre. It's one of the few hotels where I managed to have a lie-in. I wish I had known about this place earlier!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

It was pleasing that all aspects of your stay were positive, including the hotel's location, the friendly and efficient welcome, bedroom size and amenities furthermore the breakfast offering. Please rest assured that your comments will be shared with the team. My team and I hope to welcome you back to The Long Island Hotel in the future.
Bingley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Stayed for 1 night as part of business trip. The hotel from the outside seems a little dated and I would suggest that the rooms are in need of a little bit of a refresh however both these elements are appropriately reflected in the price.

The rooms had the usually expected facilities, tea, coffee, television etc. The shower was one of those fiddly mixer taps which are usually either scorching or freezing (yet again to be expected for the price)

The hotel is a little bit maze like but the signage is reasonable (certainly I found my room on the first attempt), the staff were very friendly across the board.

The 3 main highlights of the hotel are: The breakfast which had a number of hot options, croissants, muffins etc. (v.good value given the £50 a night paid). The location which is literally a stones through from the tube (ideal for Wembley 35 mins on tube to Wembley Park) and only a couple of minutes walk to the town centre. The free parking which is increasingly difficult to fine in London (I had friends who stayed in Wembley and paid £25 for the car parking)

Overall this was a far better experience than last time in London when I stayed in Watford and I will stay here again next time I am down.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent stay and positive feedback. We do benefit from being a town centre hotel, and being close to public transport links is a massive plus point for our guests. We hope to see you again in the future.
Northampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We were staying here as it is convenient for travelling in to Wembley. When we drove up to the hotel I was concerned as it looked as if it was closed and did not look welcoming. Fortunately we were pleasantly surprised. We were welcomed and checked in quickly. The room was suitable, not the smartest ever but very clean which for me is the most important thing. We then went down for a drink and was surprised that there isn't really a bar and so we sat in the restaurant for a drink which was very pleasant. At 10pm we were told that the bar as such was closing, we did think this was a little early for a Friday evening, anyway as there were some other people wanting another drink we were served. All staff were very pleasant and overall we were very pleased we stayed here and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jason C, Guest Relations Manager at Long Island Hotel, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear Guest

Further to your recent experience of The Long Island Hotel Rickmansworth I'm delighted that you enjoyed a pleasant stay at the hotel. It was pleasing to read that your stay were positive, including the hotel's location, the friendly and efficient welcome, bedroom size and amenities, and furthermore and most importantly the cleanliness. You have my apologies in regards to the bar being closed at 10pm, however this is due to the bar being hired out to a nightclub on Friday and Saturday nights.

Please rest assured that all your comments will be shared with the team. We all look forward to welcoming you back in the future to The Long Island Hotel Rickmansworth.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

my girlfriend and I stayed for the bank holiday weekend and had an average experience in the hotel. The room we stayed in was big and so was the TV but the room needs to be updated. The wallpaper is peeling off which makes the room look a little tacky. The bed was also small and we couldnt sleep to save our lives, i woke up like 6 times in one night. The bathroom is a good size but the bath is small but it is nice to sit in and it takes only a min or two to fill up which is very convient. The guy at the reception didnt look bovered to work there and i didnt see him smile once. The cleaner was very nice and helpful and done a good job in our room. The breakfast was good and had a good selection to choose from. If i decide to come back to the beautiful town of rickmansworth i would stay here again.
The resturant was empty but the food was lovely and the waiter was excellent.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jason C, Manager at Long Island Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out our your busy day to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay. We are aware of certain issues to do with the building and it pleases me to say that a maintenance programme has since been rolled out to improve the hotel. The team and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

The hotel was fine but I had a poor booking experience and unsympathetic follow-up. When booking, I checked a number of online booking sites and all showed that there was only one family room still available. It was late at night so I couldn't phone the hotel to check and I didn't want to lose what I was led to believe was the last room, so I booked the family room for £65, whereas I really only needed a single room which would have been £45. I mentioned this on arrival at the hotel and the receptionist told me that there were plenty of other rooms available, but it was the agent and not the hotel that was responsible for the incorrect information online. I complained again when I checked out and a second receptionist confirmed this. I complained to the online booking agency who informed me that the hotel was directly responsible for supplying availability information, so I tried to email the hotel. The email address given on the hotel invoice didn't work but I eventually found a correct email address on the Old English Inns website and made my complaint yet again. The General Manager admitted that the availability shown on the online sites was "skewed by a fault in the loading systems", but insisted that "The price quoted online was the price you accepted we can do no more." I feel that I have been conned into paying for a bigger room than I needed due to the "fault in the loading systems", but have not even received an apology, let alone compensation. I find this most unsatisfactory and continue to pursue the matter.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Jason C, Manager at Long Island Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank-you for posting a review of our hotel, I apologise for any inconvenience you encountered with your booking experience but the rate and room type that you accepted via your booking agency was clearly shown through-out the booking process. Rest assured that your comments have been taken seriously. Once again thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and we welcome you back in the future.

Been to Long Island Hotel? Share your experiences!