“Avoid delivery” 1 of 5 stars

01923 859911
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Bukushi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 26 Restaurants in Radlett
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Pan-Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
“Avoid delivery”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Good sushi as sushi is served cold . Unfortunately however gyozas, crispy chilli shredded beef ( AKA soggy sweet and sour beef) is supposed to be hot . Maybe if visiting the restaurant the quality would be better but avoid delivery at all costs ... On the subject of costs perhaps they try and justify their delivery charge with their fantastic free advice they give their customers " put it in the microwave "
Mmmmmmmm ... Well if that's their food hygiene standards I don't want to know where my sushi came from !
They did refund .

• 1 of 5 stars Food

London
“Nice food, bit expensive unless on taste card”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

PROS
Really tasty food. I am not a sushi connoisseur but i enjoyed the food and had three courses! The food seemed very fresh and the wine was good. The decor was stylish and was very pleasant.

CONS
Booked this place on a week night and were running 20 minutes late. Out of politeness I rang to let them know and was asked how long we would be as they had lots of bookings for the evening. I would have absolutely no objection to being asked this but when we did arrive in the whole time we were there only one other set of diners came in - just thought this was a bit weird.
Also, booked on the taste card but there are quite a few items on the menu not included so worth checking before you order.

All in all we enjoyed our meal and will be returning. However, we will only go using the tastecard as we felt otherwise it would be overpriced.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Awful awful awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Oh my goodness. We came here when we were meant to go to a Japanese restaurant in London for our anniversary. Unfortunately our train was cancelled so we plumped for bukushi. Rude rude owner who just seemed more interested in his little computer than talking to us. Good awful over priced basic basic noodles and average sushi. Go to somewhere more authentic like sushi mania as bukushis sushi is so over priced and average.... No wonder they have regular offers on groupon....

London, United Kingdom
“SuperSushi and Chocolate Marshmallows. Awesome.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

We found Bukushi when looking for a local sushi place to go to for an anniversary date. When it comes to oriental food we like to try a bit of everything, so both went for the "Tokyo Banquet". We asked for alternatives to one of the meat courses and were pleasantly surprised when we were given several options with no problems at all.

The meal itself was fantastic. Particular favourites were the pop sushi, black cod miso and the Nasa Dengaku although every dish was a compliment to the last. What was particularly pleasing was that each plate came in quick succession, which is correct for this style of food.

The waiter was very attentive, checking on us after each course and providing an excellent wine recommendation for the meal. The location is relatively small, which is a good thing as conversation is actually possible without having to shout. Lovely lighting and a warm atmosphere too.

To round off, we ordered a melted chocolate and marshmallow dessert which was accompanied by a fresh fruit salad. Needless to say after all of this we were thankful that the train station was just a minutes walk away as we couldn't have waddled much further!

Overall, great food, great service and we're looking forward to our next visit.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
UK
“Please avoid it - not even a last resort! I rather starve :(”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Worst resturant I've ever eaten at. The interior and exterior decor was stunning so we thought we had come to a perfect place for a lovely Friday evening meal! Ordered chicken dumplings, chicken statey and chicken noodles. Omg worst food ever. Dumplings tasted like their we're from a supermarket. Chicken statey tasted like it was from a supermarket party pack also undercooked. Noodles were basically super noodles with a few added peppers, sesame seeds and chicken! It was so bad, I couldn't eat it knowing I could have made this same meal at home in under £5! It made me sick. My husband ate it to 'be nice and polite'. Asked for Lyce lemonade priced at £3, thought we were going to get something really nice and it was from a rubicon can!! Diet coke £2.50 and we were given a multipack can. I have never in my life felt so ripped off for food - drinks I can still excuse! After eating my husband and I felt sick, stomachs were messed up for the rest of the evening. Never ever would I go back here, even if I was given the food for free. The reason we chose this resturant was as it was on the tastecard and looked lovely! Clearly looks can be deceiving. I rather have paid double the price in a resturant where the food actually didn't taste processed! Do not visit this resturant, seriously your better off at Mcdonalds! Ruined our whole evening!!
Service: waiter didn't want to except that the food was undercooked when we told him, he said it supposed to be like that. He was too busy talking really loudly to a man about how business was going. The main course was brought to us about 7 mins into our starters, we were not even up half way! Rude! Oh and we were charged £4 service, great!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere