“half the price half the size!” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
BPOOL
“half the price half the size!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

after eating here several times including when it was papas i was dissapointed in both service and food.the staff to busy talking to one another and the food luke warm!good value for money but its missing something

• 3 of 5 stars Food

Poulton le Fylde, null, United Kingdom
“Food AMAZING. Management need better customer service skills...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

As much as I love Bistro Italia, it does have its downfalls. Starting with the positives, the food is great - well priced, delicious (the chicken stuffed with goats cheese is amazing!!) and beautifully presented. Regardless of how busy the restaurant is, the food never takes too long and they rarely get an order wrong.
And the negatives? The young boys that work there are great - helpful, pleasant - can't fault them. Some of the other staff however are not so equipped with great customer service, On one occasion, one of the waiters told me my table would be about 20 minutes. After suggesting I would pop next door for a drink and come back, he flew into an aggresive outburst about how I must wait in the restaurant (obviously to enhance his bar sales.) As I had already decided I did not want to buy an overpriced drink and sit next to the toilets, we decided to eat elsewhere that night, However, as rude as he may have been, I would still return as I find the other staff lovely.
I would say though that it might be worth your while checking the bill before paying it - we have encounted a few times where a stray bottle of wine has been added to our bill.
Also if you are wanting to reserve a table, I would do so with hesitation - they seem to have a strange booking system - if there is a few of you, a table is usually ready but if you book for 2-4 people, you usually end up waiting for a table anyway.

• Visited April 2012
Blackpool, England
“Stylish modern decor, tasty food, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

My husband and I were invited here on a birthday night out with two other couples. Loved this little gem in Poulton from the minute we entered. It has a fresh modern feel to it with a warm ambiance. We were shown to our table straight away. The table was for 6 and was nicely set out with enough space for all and some to spare. It's quite a deceptive restaurant as it looks small from the outside but it is like a tar-dis inside. We all really enjoyed our meals having each had starters, mains and deserts. The presentation was second to non, extremely impressive to be honest, top class. Everything was tasty and the menu choice was extensive. The service was excellent. The only thing I would comment on is that the food on the menu is half price every day (except for a small section of what appeared to be steaks). The prices on the menu I feel are artificially high and bringing them down to half price actually brings the dishes to a more acceptable price. Not sure why they do that. A great overall experience, I would certainly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Poulton Le Fylde, United Kingdom
“Good food... service could be better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Eight of us went here to say farewell to a colleague who is moving on to pastures new. The lovely pictures of Italian scenes on white walls and television screens showing a slide show of beautiful Italian scenery were a nice touch. The food prices seemed high - until we realised their half price policy - only steaks are full price, for everything else you pay half the price shown. A bit of a con, but we all like to get a bargain, don't we? Three garlic breads to share were tasty. Those who couldn't resist starters enjoyed the filo baskets filled with creamy mushrooms the salmon fishcakes. All eight chose a different main course and were all happy with what we chose; I had wide ribbon pasta with shredded duck in a herby tomato sauce and would certainly have that again, but wouldn't mind trying most of the others as well! The drivers of the party had soft drinks, I started with a glass of house red - very smooth - then shared a bottle of white with the other non-drivers; this was very crisp and cool. With a final bill for the food (drinks purchased separately) of £64, the food certainly didn't didn't disappoint. Downsides? We had to ask to order drinks, then they forgot to bring the requested bottle of white wine. When the bill arrived, the wine was included even though it was paid for when it arrived but the garlic bread had been omitted. The food was excellent and I would certainly go back, but just a little more care from the staff would have made it excellent.

• Visited August 2012
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Have been before and have been disappointed in the past but tonight service and food were both excellent. The owner pascale was very attentive without being overbearing and we had a lovely waiteress(young blonde lady) didn't get her name who was very nice.definately glad we gave it another try and my daughter who's 21st it was had a wonderful time. Definately will go more often

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere