“A wonderful halloween holiday!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ribby Hall Village Self Catering Accommodation

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wrea Green
Ribby Hall Village Self Catering Accommodation
You added Ribby Hall Village Self Catering Accommodation to your Saves list
Ribby Road | Nr Blackpool, Wrea Green PR4 2PR , England   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Birmingham, UK
“A wonderful halloween holiday!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We booked Ribby Hall as we were looking for a holiday where we could stay on-site all week and not get bored...and also not pay Centreparcs half term prices!!!!

Ribby is a great alternative.

We travelled as a family with 3yo and 1yo daughters. The accomodation (Rose) was really lovely, great decoration, comfortable and the kitchen was well equipped. We were cottage #28 which was right next to all the facilities but we got no noise at all!

The swimming pool was a little cool for my girls, but they enjoyed it none-the-less. Changing facilities are great.

The soft play area was crowded due to the weather and the time of year (half term) but again the girls enjoyed it.

We didn't make use of any of the sports activities on offer but there looked to be a fair amount on offer for good prices.

We did enjoy Papa John's two for tuesday deal! And a pumpkin spiced latte at Starbucks of course.

We went to all the Bar and Grill organised activities throughout the week; spooky picnic, gruesome messy play, creepy crawly zoo to you and the trick or treat night. They were all great value and loads of fun, and well organised. The team are obviously well practiced!! Drinks were fairly priced.

The evening entertainment was good for the kids but 7.30pm start was too late for my girls so we only went twice.

My 3yo enjoyed a pony ride at the Equestrian centre who were incredibly welcoming.

Only a couple of niggles; we would have preferred it if cars couldn't drive around the site, or at the very least there were better footpaths, and more street lamps for walking around in the evening.

Overall, we had a wonderful time! And we'd recommend it to any family looking for a fun filled break.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Staying in Ribby Hall as I write this and can only say my initial experience was disappointing, especially given it clearly sells itself as a 5 star experience. Here's why:

- booked a self catering cottage that sleeps 6 (1 double and 2 twin room). Only 4 of us, but 6 bed was the same price as the 4 bed cottage and thought our 2 year old would appreciate more room to run around.
- Arrive, check-in and get keys. Go to cottage and it's beautiful. Everything fresh and clean, with stylish decor. Great 1st impression until we realise this only has 2 rooms. Check guest passes and it's the wrong name (same surname). We have been checked into the wrong cottage.
- pack our stuff back in to the car with an irate 2 year old and friendly receptionist gives us keys to the correct cottage. Fair enough. Arrive and wish we had stayed in the wrong cottage. Decor is a stark contrast to the first. Don't get me wrong, all very clean and well kept, but very dated and old fashioned. Needs a face lift. Wouldn't have questioned it if we had come here first, but it was much poorer quality decor than the first cottage.
- drive to reception to drop off keys to the first cottage and when I return, the neighbour has stolen my parking space (one space per cottage). Knock neighbours door and get resolved. Not Ribby's fault but another frustration.
- back in the cottage and think I can finally relax. Daughter wants to watch Cbeebies before bed so go to TV and it doesn't work. Call reception and report fault, and whilst waiting give my daughter her bedtime bath. After bath go to use the hairdryer and it also doesn't work. To be fair, very friendly security guy arrives and swaps the TV promptly, but this has been yet another annoyance.
- Finally, FINALLY, think daughter in bed, let's enjoy our holiday and plan for tomorrow. Part of the attraction of Ribby Hall was the children's entertainment early in the evening. It's in the Bar & Grill, starting at 18:30 so I phone to book a table for tomorrow night at 18:00. No tables available until 19:30!! Another blow as it's getting a bit too late for my 2 year old and she would miss the early children's focused entertainment anyway.

I can't fault the actual people I spoke to. All friendly and the site looks nice, but it was a series of errors and issues that combined to leave a sour taste. To recap, checked in to wrong cottage, correct cottage of a substantially poorer quality, Parking space stolen, TV and hairdryer broken, and no availability in the family restaurant for the following evening where the included entertainment is held (keep in mind, this is off peak so availability in peak season must be dreadful). Hardly a 5 star first impression.

However, in the interests of balance, nice looking site, very clean room despite dated decor, friendly staff who did respond quickly to the check-in issue and broken TV. Facilities look great and I'm not unreasonable. I think I have just been unlucky and look forward to the rest of my stay. Just a bit disheartened that my holiday didn't start the way I had expected due to a series of very preventable issues.

• Stayed November 2013
yorkshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

My low rating is because of the accommodation we stayed in, not the village itself. We stayed in a cottage, room 164, it was very dated, the mattresses on the bed were very uncomfortable as you could feel the springs, the interior was shabby and didn't smell very nice at all. This was not a cleaning issue as the cleaner had just been in but an overall aroma that both myself and my husband found very unpleasant, whether it was because the property needed a refurb, or a major underlying problem I do not know.. I would not expect this for a 5 star rating, for the money we paid I am very dissatisfied.

West Yorkshire, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Stayed here last year for a hen do. There were 12 of us and stayed in 2x Pine lodge which included hot tubs. Lovely accommodation great time in the hot tubs. Location is great nice cocktail bars and lovely restaurants in lytham and cheesy Blackpool nearby too.

Booked for my friends 30th in March 2014 we liked it so much. Age ranges from late twenties to late fifties. However massive disappointment due to the fact the spa will only take a maximum group of 8 ? Yet they let us book as a group of 12 last time. Can't understand why they would want to lose out on £468 and that's excluding treatments.

Room Tip: Can only book as a group of 8 for the spa
Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Elgin, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for four nights - accommodation was tidy, clean and more than ample for the three of us.

Location was great for exploring the area - easy access to motorways for Manchester etc

Went to the bar and grill on our first night - food overpriced and quality poor and lots of good being returned. Entertainment wasn't our bag so didn't go back there during our stay. However our nine year old did a few of the reasonably priced sports sessions which were great and well run by Ellie. She was ace.

We used lots of other restaurants outside the village - Ego in Lytham was lovely, St Anne's fish bar was a traditional chip shop and yummy, and lots of choice close by.

Pool was clean and well maintained.

Would return, and if the food was improved would use the bar and grill.

• Stayed October 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

This was our third visit and they seem to have kept up the very high standard.Accomodation very comfortable,clean.Bit stuffy in morning with heating on,only 'complaint'.Great location to explore surrounding areas.Parking not great at our cottage.Disabled changing in pool very good other places take note.Staff always pleasant,happy to help.

Warrington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed in the Lavender (2 bedroom) for 3 nights in October. 2 adults and 2 children age 4 and 8.

The accommodation doesn't look anything to write home about from the outside and needs some TLC (Flakey paint, cobwebs etc) But the interior was lovely. Very modern well equipped good sized accommodation with very nice fixtures and fittings. Beds comfy, central heating very efficient. Good range of kitchen equipment and a very pleasant stay.

The children's entertainment was great, really funny and not tacky/ cheap and nasty! The prices in the bar are reasonable and the grounds are well kept with something for everyone to do

The pool was good, the kids love the water slides but the grout could do with a clean as its starting to get a little grubby.

The indoor soft play area was good as the weather was heavy rain!

This is an up-market 'haven' with a quality feel to it.

The only criticism I would have is the lack of pavements on the roads and lack of street lighting at night.

The patio door failed to lock, the hair dryer didn't work and the dining room chair had a rip but this did not affect the quality of our stay and I would recommend to my friends and family and will be returning

Top tip- Book the restraint as you will not get a table if you fail to book in advance!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Ribby Hall Village Self Catering Accommodation? Share your experiences!