“Quiet and relaxing” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Legacy Farnham Hog's Back Hotel

You added Legacy Farnham Hog's Back Hotel to your Saves list
Legacy Farnham Hog's Back Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Nr Farnham, Seale GU10 1EX, England (Formerly Ramada Farnham)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Seale
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Quiet and relaxing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

We are 4 women who travel regular and particularly enjoy hotels with spa facilities. We all enjoyed our stay here. The rooms were quite small for 2 ladies sharing but catered to our needs. It was spotlessly clean, with a very powerful shower. The spa area was small and we did find it quite noisy as it is used by families who are obviously private members, but it wasnt a huge problem, just a niggle. The evening meal and breakfast was excellent along with the atmosphere. I did feel very hot during the night and did wonder what it would be like on a hot summers night.

This hotel was one of the best deals we have found on our travels. We paid £38 which included a twin room, an evening meal ,with a glass of wine and full English breakfast. plus full use of the facilities. We know this was an offer, but still felt it would have been justified at full rate. Thank you

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Gerry M, General Manager at Legacy Farnham Hog's Back Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Many thanks for your recent review. It was great to see you enjoyed all the facilities on offer and appear to have left us fully relaxed and ready for a busy week. We pride ourselves on providing good quality food, decent service levels and all in comfortable surroundings.
Our plans for upgrade to our rooms are now well advanced. We do actually have larger rooms and perhaps on your next visit you should ask in advance so you can enjoy a lot more space.
We look forward to welcoming you back and to meeting you on that occasion.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Stayed here for 2 weeks whilst working locally.

Great hotel and facilities like pool and gym.

Wifi is free but a bit slow.

The breakfast is amazing. Poached eggs prefect everyday and great selection of hot and cold food. Well worth it.

Back soon

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Delighted to read your review and that you found the hotel facilities exceeded your expectations. we do pride ourselves on providing a great breakfast, complimentary Wi-Fi and good leisure facilities so our guests have a thoroughly enjoyable.
I look forward TO meeting you on your next visit
Braintree, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

A travesty happened when I had lugged my ps4 from Essex to this hotel and upon getting here found out there was no HDMI on the TV. I cannot believe in the day and age we live in that there is no HDMI.
I have stayed in 1 star hotels with HDMI input, they may stink of weed and crack and have spoons that have been used to cook up a habit, but I can play my ps4.
The toilet paper is rougher than the hotel 'caravan style' walls.
The shower is designed for hobbits and even then it'd be a push for them to get under it.

But one bonus we got extra pillows

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Gerry M, General Manager at Legacy Farnham Hog's Back Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Many thanks for your review and sincerest apologies that you could not enjoy your play station in the hotel. It is a long time since I have had a comment of this nature. We do have about 12 TVs with the capability to plug into Play station. Previously guests have requested assistance and we have been able to sort out for them. I am not sure if you did seek assistance on this occasion.
We intend to upgrade our TVs later this year and at this point our technology will hopefully be first class.

Travelers are raving about these Seale hotels

Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I spend a lot of time I the area and have stayed in a lot of hotels and thought I'd try this one.

The room was a good size, clean and tidy. Bar meals decent quality. Staff friendly. Wifi quality was a rare treat.

The issues were all little things but if sorted would make a big difference

TVs - small, very few channels and below the level of the bed! Easy fix for a chain this size

Noisy guests - When you have a large party coming in late at night, maybe put near entrance so they don't have to shout fond farewells all down corridors when everyone trying to sleep

Breakfast - advertise eggs how you like them but only serve scrambled. Hostess doesn't offer and no one else around to ask.

So yes, I would stay again, but sort TV and breakfast and it would be my hotel of choice in the locale

Room Tip: As far from entrance as possible
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Many thanks for your valued feedback after your recent stay. All the points are most interesting.
We are replacing our TVs later this year and whilst some are a bit low down several are at normal height. Perhaps on your next visit we can meet up and maybe select a preferred room for all your future stays.
I will certainly be reviewing the breakfast welcome standard as I can see the merit in your comment.
As we head into the wedding season I will be making sure reception keep non wedding guests separate from our other guests. I understand that many guests like to get a good night sleep while others enjoy partying into the wee hours. I will also brief up the night porters to increase corridor patrols when guests are likely to be a bit noisy.
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Room was fair and better than expected given some of the comments i have read on here. Very clean. Food was not great and vastly over priced. Was charged £9 for a double G & T via room service!!! Breakfast was also requested via room service and bacon was burnt, orange juice cheap and poor quality, dried mix tasting scrambled eggs. On the upside, parking was plentiful and free, wifi was free. Getting someone to actually pick up the phone when attempting to order room service was very very frustrating as they just let it ring and ring and ring. Wouldnt stay again

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Gerry M, General Manager at Legacy Farnham Hog's Back Hotel, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Sorry to read you had such a poor stay with us and would be happy to discuss your comments personally with you.
Since your stay we have focused the team on all aspects of food service as I appreciate that well priced good food is an important element of any stay. New menu offerings are currently being introduced onto our menus and in general the response is being favourable. I value all feedback and it is shared out with the team.
I do hope you will return so that I can show you we are better than your recent experience.
Dorchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Booked for a business trip, I was impressed by the swift, courteous and helpful book in. The room was large enough, comfortable and well equipped. There was even a decently sized bath and really good shower. Most surprisingly given the location on the A31 it was very quiet. On the down side the carpets would not be out of place in a colour blindness test and some of the furniture in the public areas is beginning to look a little tired. Breakfast was first class, good bacon, sausages and, although not obviously available, eggs were cooked to order if requested. For an extra £5, very good value. All in all, a well located, above average in the price bracket, business hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Many thanks for your recent review and it was good to read your positive comments.
We work hard to ensure our guests receive good service, food and accommodation at reasonable prices.
I do hope I can get to meet you on your next visit.
England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night recently. I have to say that it was one of the smallest double rooms I have ever stayed in. The bed was supremely uncomfortable. Even my husband complained bitterly about it and he can usually sleep on anything! Although the booking was for two people, only one set of towels had been put out in the bathroom. We had to rummage under the pillow in the bottom of the wardrobe to find others. They could have made a little more effort, one feels, rather than making it DIY. The buffet breakfast was OK, though surprised to find you even have to make your own teas and coffees. Waiter service for this would be more on a par with the likes of Hilton.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review following your stay here in Farnham. Please accept my apologies that the visit did not live up to your expectations.
Our bedrooms do vary in size and whilst we have a number of small doubles we also certainly have plenty of large spacious rooms. It is a pity you did not mention this as we could then have offered you a couple of alternatives.
I was surprised that the mattress was uncomfortable but having visited a few rooms in that section I am currently surveying our total bed stock with a view to renewing beds over the next 6 months.
Perhaps when planning to stay here again you could ask for a larger room and I would be delighted to meet you on this occasion.

Been to Legacy Farnham Hog's Back Hotel? Share your experiences!