“Beautiful place and location, Excellent service and good rates! would love to visit again, really enjoyed it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Healey Hotel

You added Healey Hotel to your Saves list
Healey Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Towngate Road, Batley WF17 7HR, England (Formerly Alder House Hotel Batley)   |
Special Rate
Free room upgrade
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Batley
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2010

I stayed at Alder house hotel in mid november. I arrived half an hour early which seemed to be no problem and was greeted on arrival very politely. I was then shown to my room and given a hand with my luggage. I really liked the room which was very clean and cosy. I decided to have dinner at the hotel and the food was lovely. I really enjoyed my stay as the room was lovely and the price was good compared to other hotels in the area. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I was offered the best of service and couldnt ask for more. I would definately go stay there again and certainly reccomend it to everyone

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Aylesbury
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

Booked over internet because it looked a quality place to stay. It isn't! My wife and I were appalled by the state of the room that we were expected to stay in. Linen had not been changed and the bed was full of hairs! The bath was also full of hairs and there was mould - disgusting! When we drew the managers attention to it we were given another room but this was no better! Carpet was filthy dirty, food debris on floor, surfaces felt tacky and worse of all there was what appeared to be the remains of projectile vomitting on the wall! Was too late to look elsewhere so reluctantly stayed the night! Didn't unpack because place felt so dirty! We decided that given the condition of the room we wouldnt chance breakfast so booked out early next morning and went and found a McDonalds instead!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Belmont
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

I came to stay with friends for one night on Saturday 26 June. We had booked into one single room and one twin room with breakfast. The twin room was £50.00 and the single room was £39.00. I had booked the room in my name, however, when we arrived, my name hadn't been written in the book. I think this was because there was a slight language barrier when I booked. But they had got the rooms available. On Saturday the weather was warm and yet the bathroom radiator was on in both rooms. They said they'd turned the heating off a month previously. It was eventually fixed but it makes you wonder whether the heating had been left on for a reason!!! Maybe because the building is old and they have a serious problem like damp!! The rooms are quite dark and dismal and the quality of the carpets are poor. I have previously stayed in places of the same price and the quality has been a lot better. I think that management should investigate what other Georgian hotels offer in the area and review their prices, so they can offer customers better value for money. The standard needs to be reflected in the price, otherwise customers are not going to return in the future! O and breakfast was okay, apart from the fact that the cook can't do a good poached egg! The Yoke was either not cooked enough or over cooked!

• Stayed June 2010
Malaga, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2009

What an excellent value for money place to stay . Went with a friend to this small family run hotel and was a bit wary as it was very reasonably priced and I thought OMG is it gonna be a dump. However was met by a very proffessional young lady who was polite and friendly she told us all about breakfast and how to get to our room . we were surprised to find that our standard room had an ensuite shower and was of a reasonable size I asked if it were possable to look at a superior room and was shown a lovely room with bath and shower over. If we had known we would have paid the extra £10.00 to upgrade. The staff were attentive and proffessional the Manageress was keen to help and obviously very proud of the place which when asked she told us she was not long there and that she was hoping to build up the business . Good for her she seems to have a good little team on board . The grounds are fantastic .

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2009

Awful service:-
- I reserved a room a couple of weeks before I travelled. I called a couple of days before and my booking had been lost
- When I arrived the second booking had also been lost, but after a long wait was found again. It was then incorrect and I had only been booked for one night instead of two
- I specifically asked for a quiet room and was put in a room directly above the speakers at a wedding - it was so loud the cups and saucers were moving across the coffee table and I couldn't hear the TV. It seems that one of the staff had changed my room so a member of staff could stay in my original one!!
- Some of the staff were criticising the new management saying that they didn't know what they were doing
- I asked for a discount in view of the mess ups and it was agreed a £15 discount would be taken from my card, however, full payment was taken without my authorisation
- Despite numerous phonecalls and E-mails the proprietor never called me back
Terrible service, avoid at all costs. The only person who tried to help me was called Louise, but her hands were clearly tied. (Can I add that it wasn't Louise who criticised the management, she was the only professional member of staff there).

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2009

We booked this place for our daughter's naming ceremony as it met our criteria of being half way between both sides of the family & they allow dogs.

The private room was perfect for our gathering & the food & bar service were great. The staff were so helpful & friendly, they really did bend over backwards to accommodate our needs. Breakfast was included & was a welcome hangover cure the following morning!

We only booked it for this purpose & stayed one night so I can't comment on any other aspects but all our guests had a really good time & if I was going to name any future children Id happily come here again! The dogs enjoyed the large gardens too!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
bradford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2009

Restaurant and bar areas of the hotel are very nice - recently redecorated and welcoming. The bedroom that we had it had good view to the back garden. Staff very friendly and helpful and food excellent (Breakfast & dinner).

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business

Been to Healey Hotel? Share your experiences!