“What your not told” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Britannia Leeds Bradford Airport

Save Saved
You added Britannia Leeds Bradford Airport to your Saves list
Britannia Leeds Bradford Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Leeds Rd, Bramhope LS16 9JJ, England (Formerly Holiday Inn Leeds - Bradford Airport)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Bramhope
Uk
“What your not told”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Arrived at the hotel to be met not greeted or shown any respect by the duty manager who was booking us in .using My DEBIT CARD a pre payment of £75.00 was taken even though the room was £55.00 when questioning the charge I was rudely told my the said woman it's for extras.
The bathroom was small and smelt room was tired and old TV in room.
Would not recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: I don't think there are any good rooms this hotel is crying put for an update
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

462 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Lincoln, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

.......and staying at the Britannia Leeds Bradford Airport Hotel?

The price.

Having said that I wouldn’t stay at this hotel again even if I was offered a room for free. Why? Because I hate being treated like some kind of chav who Britannia think will just put up with whatever shabby excuse of a bedroom, poor excuse for a meal, cheap and tacky reception, poorly trained staff, etc that they give me. (As chavs seem to be the Britannia Leeds Bradford target market I suggest they say so on their website.)

Britannia Hotels' website states that the Leeds Bradford Hotel is “..luxurious and modern...” – gosh, how foolish of us, my wife and I must have checked in to the wrong hotel.

Regardless as to the whether a hotel has 2, 3, 4 or 5 stars, when you are paying to stay at an establishment, you are entitled to expect the basics; for the hotel to be clean, to have enough staff to provide the services the establishment claims to offer, staff that have been trained properly and so on. I’m not going to list all the shortcomings of the Britannia Leeds Bradford Airport Hotel because I’d be here all day but I will tell you the best thing the hotel has to offer – an exit. My advice is simple; stay somewhere else – anywhere else!

Perhaps this will tell you all you need to know – having made my dissatisfaction known to the duty manager, (I can’t now recall her name), she asked if I would like a word with (I think she said) the Operations Manager, if he was free. Turned out that he wasn’t available (what a surprise) but he would contact me when I returned home from holiday (my wife and I were due to fly away on holiday the next day). I provided my email and phone number. I’ve never heard a word. I didn’t expect to.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
leeds
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

A low budget hotel that could be so much better! Rooms ok - good enough size, clean and with usual facilities. What let this hotel down is the terrible customer service. Night staff unfriendly and a bit of an attitude with some customers - also the breakfast staff were a joke! No-one at breakfast room entrance, waited a few moments then walked in. Went to get breakfast - loads of tables available - one of the guys came over and snapped 'you need to wait to be allocated a table!' then we overheard the same guy say to an elderly lady (who was asking if they had any more juice) 'I've only got one pair of hands!' As we checked out we were just asked curtly 'anything to pay?' - we left with no 'customer service type questions ie ' hope you enjoyed your stay?' or 'was everything to your satisfaction'. I'd recommend for a cheap overnight stay before jetting off from airport but that's about it. Definitely not a wedding venue in my opinion.

• Stayed May 2013
north yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

we used this hotel as was flying from leeds Bradford.and left car while on holiday .would recommend it ..taxi was £6 each way..use of hair dryer and toiletries.the staff were friendly..they get a lot of coach trip visitors staying.the meals are qiuet reasonable in prices ..and have happy hour for drinks till 7pm £2 a pint.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Brough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Excellent hotel with taxi service £6 pp return, to airport.Car left on site where you park it. Very comfortable room nicely decorated and furnished, includes trouser press, iron and ironing board, hairdryer, tea and coffee, toiletries and line to extend over bath to dry 'smalls'. Room also had sofa. Taxi ready and waiting when we came out of airport as their office is located outside the exit.
Arrived late evening, check in approx 11.45, on return, bar and snack facilities available. (sandwiches available 24hrs) Buffet style full breakfast, good value.

Room Tip: Stayed in different rooms both equal in respect of facilities etc.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Halifax, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We only booked this hotel because it was £50. Therefor you cant have high expectations!

This hotel is set in nice quiet surroundings off the main road. It is close to the Yorkshire Dales, Skipton and Harrogate.

Check in was courteous with friendly staff. However, the main problem with this hotel is it need a total refurbishment. From the lobby, lounge, corridors, bathroom and room are all very tired and in some cases stained and scruffy. This is not a romantic hideaway. I think the attitude of staff is also reflected in this. One of whom told me he had other things to do rather than serve me coffee in the morning!!!

Unfortunately I cannot recommend this hotel and would not stay here again, even though it was only £50 other hotel groups offer excellent service, better quality rooms and professional staff who are there to make your stay a comfortable one. Britannia Leeds Bradford is one of the worst hotel I have ever stayed in! Management take note and sort out your rude staff!

Room Tip: Don't stay!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I'll make this horrible place review short and sweet with bullet points.
: parking- car park to small for the hotel, our car is dumped on a grass verge near the bins!

: no where local to eat near the hotel. So had to eat at the hotel!

: food- a choice of all day carvery (that has lithely been there all day) priced at £9.95 which for 3 courses sounds reasonable! However, the cold meat and cold starters where shrivelled up, dry and un appetising. And hardly anything left. The main course food looked like dog food, actually I wouldn't give it to my dog!
We had some soup that we was charged £4.00 for.! We ordered from the bar instead which was no better.

: service- shocking. Not one staff member asked if everything was ok.

Over all we wouldn't stay at this hotel again. Not a good start to our holiday :(

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Britannia Leeds Bradford Airport? Share your experiences!