“pre flight stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Britannia Leeds Bradford Airport

You added Britannia Leeds Bradford Airport to your Saves list
Britannia Leeds Bradford Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Leeds Rd, Bramhope LS16 9JJ, England (Formerly Holiday Inn Leeds - Bradford Airport)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bramhope
Darlington
“pre flight stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Great price for a pre flight stay for a room with parking for 8 days rooms are a bit dated but were clean and warm all the staff were very freindly,reception lady was very nice as were the staff in the bar and restaurant even though some people have no manners and were quite rude there was a coach trip of pensioners in but the staff coped very well.
The food was ok we just had a bar meal beef in a bloomer,chips and salad with a glass of wine.the beds were comfy and we slept well check out was easy and our pre booked taxi was there waiting for us all in all good value for money and we would use the Britannia again when flying from Leeds Bradford

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
GM-Britannia-LBAH, General Manager at Britannia Leeds Bradford Airport, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear pwilkinson,

Thank you for your review of our hotel and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and found our park and fly scheme benificial.

I have passed on your feedback to all the team, and hopefully we can welcome you back soon.

Front of House Manager (On behalf of Britannia Hotels Management)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in many Britannia hotels, and sadly this is below par of the others. Which is a shame. The hotel is clean, the rooms are comfortable and the staff are very friendly. The thing that lets it down is the restaurant. The food isn't outstanding, very basic, and it is understaffed. Considering there was 2 coach parties staying, I only ever saw 2 staff members in the restaurant and not at the same time either. My other gripe is my room, 237. A lovely new room, comfortable bed, nice clean bathroom. But, it is in a communication void. It must be in the bowels of the hotel, no phone signal, the hotels wifi is barely reachable. Which is a big shame for me, as I'm not on holiday, I'm working and I don't want to sit in the bar all evening. I'm happy to go back to my room but I want to use my phone and iPad. And also, the TV has no conceivable order to the channels! It's pot-luck telly!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear MrJROConnell,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to see you found the staff friendly and were happy with the cleanliness of the hotel. I can only apologise for difficulties you experienced in room 237, as the hotel backs into a Valley some rooms are lower down than others and a few do suffer from reduced phone signal on certain networks. Had we been aware we would have done our upmost to move your room to a higher floor, for this I can only now apologise. We offer WiFi throughout the building and will look at ways of improving the signal strength in certain areas if some rooms do not have as strong a signal as others.

Thank you again for your review.

Isle of Man, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Unfortunately this hotel was part of a coach tour holiday. The room was shabby and the bathroom needed to have a steam clean between the tiles. The worst part was finding that the valance sheet had been used by a previous guest as a handkerchief (to put this politely). I reported this to the desk who did arrange for the valance sheet to be removed but did not replace it. The carpet in the room had a lot of stains on it. Finally the food for both breakfast and dinner was of a poor quality and choice. Even the soup which had just come out from the kitchen was cold. The meat and vegetables were also cold. The price I paid for this holiday was cheap so I was not looking for anything special but it is not cheap when you cannot eat the food and the bedding is not changed between guests. It does put you off. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

Dear adele1962,

Thank you for taking the time to review you experience of our hotel on Trip Advisor.

I am disapointed to see that there were aspects of your stay which you did not enjoy and we as a management team are investigating the points raised to ensure they are not repeated again.

You will see we recieve alot of positive feedback from guests travelling with groups so I apologise this was not the case for yourself.

Blackpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We have just returned from visiting this hotel as we needed to visit nearby harrogate,the offer was dbb for 2 people with a free bottle of wine on the first night for £55 per night,We were given a twin room as requested,on the 3rd floor which strangely is at ground level,so no stairs or lifts to negotiate,the room was very clean and warm,which was much appreciated considering the severe winter weather,the food was well cooked with a varied choice all served buffet style,my only criticism would be that nearly all deserts where chocolate,chocolate,and more chocolate,couldnt fault the breakfasts,yes it was busy,3 coach parties,but with a little planning,problems can be avoided,all the staff we had to deal with were excellent,and my grateful thanks go to marcus and the young lady from behind reception whos name as now escaped me,for digging my car out of the snowbound car park,many thanks to all concerned a very good value break britannia.

Room Tip: We had no problem with a standard twin
Dear jds07a,

Thank you for your kind review on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and could take advantage of one of our value for money offers. I have passed your thanks on to Marcus and Melanie who assisted you with your car.

Hopefully we can welcome you back again soon (minus the snow)

Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

This may not be a 5 star hotel but you are treated as if you are by the staff. I have been staying at this hotel for about 3 or 4 nights a week for the past 9 months whilst working in Leeds. I could have chosen any hotel, and paid a lot more as it was on expenses, but there was no need; from my first enquiry to my last checkout it has been great. Although a long term guest I wouldn't say I was treated any differently because of this as what I witnessed was everyone getting the same excellent and personal treatment. Rooms are clean, I experienced a wide number in most parts of the hotel, comfortable and warm, always a really good nights sleep. Restaurant is good, I hardly ate out over my 9 months and breakfast plentiful. If you find any reviews on the Britannia that are less than "very good" then all I can suggest is that the writer was either having a bad day, was unreasonable or thought they were royalty. This really is a great hotel, I wouldn't have stayed for 9 months if it wasn't.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Chris B,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience of our hotel. It was a pleasure having you stay with us for the past 9 months, if it was any longer we might have had to name a room after you!

Hopefully we will see you again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Britannia Leeds/Bradford hotel recently on a Dinner bed and breakfast package on a trip up to meet friends in Yorkshire and I must say what a excellent package! I got dinner, my room, breakfast and a free bottle of wine all for £55 that's an excellent unbeatable price.
The reception staff are very friendly, welcoming and obliging the hotel is very busy which is good to see in these hard times. The restaurant staff are very efficient nothing was too much trouble and the food again was excellent, the bedroom was spotless. I cannot fault anything. I must say there are some odd mixed reviews on here but my opinion is come and try and see. I think the people who moan on here must have a sad life!
Oh yes there was a dear tabby cat that kept popping in and out of the hotel which gave the hotel a real homely feel. I will definitely stay here again. Keep up the good work Britannia!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Curti133,

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of one of our value for money offers.

Hopefully we can welcome you back to the hotel again very soon.

Hartlepool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel this week as part of the National Holidays package. We stayed three nights and we were very impressed. We had a room at the back of the hotel on the bottom floor and several of us on the trip thought the rooms had been soundproofed as it was so quiet, you couldnt hear any noise from other rooms at all. The food was lovely on a help yourself basis but you could get as much as you wanted. it was very cold this week but the staff were very helpful with extra blankets etc. . A very good stay and I hope next time I go on a National Holiday I get to stay here

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Veronnica,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

We aim to offer good value for money accommodation and work with National Holidays to ensure guests enjoy their stay with us.

Hopefully we can welcome you back to the hotel again.

Front of House Manager (On behalf of Britannia Hotels Management)

Been to Britannia Leeds Bradford Airport? Share your experiences!