“The worst place I have ever been!” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 5 Attractions in Spennymoor
Durham, United Kingdom
“The worst place I have ever been!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Full of chavs and scruffs from around the Spennymoor area, and because of this I felt very out of place with my suit and tie on. There was a dreadful smell as soon as I went through the door, which seemed to be what you would call weed/cannabis. Terrible bar staff, horrible service, as I asked for a pint of bitter, they replied "A bit of what?", which I found very unfunny and it angered me a little. The floor was very sticky and my loafers felt as if they were sticking to it when I was walking. When I sat on the seat, there was a lot of dust came out of it which immediately sent me into a coughing fit where I was near death. The toilets were very dirty and smelt of s**t. The only good point was the pint of bitter I did eventually get after the bar lady was so very rudely sarcastic with me.

Visited December 2013