The room was 'nice', it had obviously been redecorated reasonably recently. The bed was comfortable. However, the room was very dark, even with all the lights on. The sash window was open and quite difficult to close. The dead fly and dust on the window suggests it may not have been checked that well. The secondary glazing was just about enough to keep out the traffic noise but it had to be closed to ensure that we could sleep. There was no milk in the room to go with the tea and coffee making facility. There was a hanging rack instead of a wardrobe, which in itself wasn't an issue apart from there only being two hangers, which was insufficient for two of us even for just one night.
We were there for a relaxing weekend, so we really didn't need to hear the person behind the bar on the phone to a computer company getting increasingly frustrated trying to sort out computer problems for ages, we were there just trying to unwind after all.
The food in the restaurant was good, at the top end of the price range for the quality, but not excessive. I wine was good and reasonably priced. What I did resent was the 'discretional' 10% service charge, which was really not justified and was pure profiteering.
The cooked breakfast was good. The croissant and pastries had run out before a number of guests came down for breakfast.
Overall was it worth the £105 B&B price? Well, not really. There are better out there for the same or less.
- Also Known As:
- Kings Arms Inn - Didmarton Hotel
- Kings Arms Inn - Didmarton Hotel Didmarton
- The King's Arms Didmarton, England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The King's Arms is a cosy country inn nestled deep within the stunning Cotswold countryside. Combining modern comfort with rustic elegance, each of our cottage-style bed and breakfast rooms have their own individual character. Named after the prize-winning hounds from the nearby Beaufort Hunt, each room includes sumptuous features such as king-size four poster beds, ivory sheepskin rugs and luxurious Feather and Black mattresses and duvets which altogether ensure a relaxing and comfortable night's slumber. Two spacious self-catering cottages are ideal for families and larger parties looking for their own private Cotswolds hideaway. Our restaurant is renowned for using the freshest locally sourced produce.Fresh daily specials are handwritten on the restaurant blackboard and are cleverly complimented with an imaginative selection of lighter snacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The King's Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.