Having had an enjoyable stay in the main pub a few years ago finding it cosy, comfortable and clean we decided to return. Due to a crawling son we rented one of the self catering cottages conveniently across the car park.
Whilst 'Bobtail' is marketed as a self catering unit, for 4 people, please do not be fooled into thinking you can spend a week catering for yourselves if staying in it!
The kitchen is very randomly kitted out - no toaster, only 2 cereal bowls, 3 tumblers and a dishwasher that works only despite the internal baskets being broken and dangerous. The everyday dinner plate used to replace a presumably broken microwave turntable does not, sadly, do the job! The picnic freezer block and filled ice cube tray in the fridge made us chuckle given that said fridge does not actually have a freezer compartment!?
The cottage is smartly and comfortably decorated however the Charcoal and very dark green/grey walls and the extraordinary lack of lighting do not do it justice as these two factors make it virtually impossible to read, even during the day, and if you wish to see your supper companion we suggest you bring some candles! Of course very romantic but not very practical when trying to feed our son.
On the plus side the bed and bedding are very comfortable indeed. Efficient heating makes the place feel cosy. The shower looks dated but is very good with high pressure & lovely hot water and who doesn't love big fluffy towels and bathrobes? Nice to have a bath too.
All the staff in the pub are very friendly, accommodating and couldn't be more helpful even lending us a flower vase.
Sadly a few silly but rather important details ruin what could be an excellent cotswold bolt hole.
- Also Known As:
- Kings Arms Inn - Didmarton Hotel
- Kings Arms Inn - Didmarton Hotel Didmarton
- The King's Arms Didmarton, England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The King's Arms is a cosy country inn nestled deep within the stunning Cotswold countryside. Combining modern comfort with rustic elegance, each of our cottage-style bed and breakfast rooms have their own individual character. Named after the prize-winning hounds from the nearby Beaufort Hunt, each room includes sumptuous features such as king-size four poster beds, ivory sheepskin rugs and luxurious Feather and Black mattresses and duvets which altogether ensure a relaxing and comfortable night's slumber. Two spacious self-catering cottages are ideal for families and larger parties looking for their own private Cotswolds hideaway. Our restaurant is renowned for using the freshest locally sourced produce.Fresh daily specials are handwritten on the restaurant blackboard and are cleverly complimented with an imaginative selection of lighter snacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The King's Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.