“Perfect service, beautiful location” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Spiddal Road | Furbo, Furbo, Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Furbo
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Perfect service, beautiful location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2009

Only fault i have with this hotel is the price, but seems like Ireland is expensive compared to the rest of the world. However our room was perfect the bed was the most comfortable i have ever slept in, the food was excellant, the staff were faultless, the swimming pool great and the location beautiful.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Galway, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2009

The hotel claims to be more than it is, the rooms we stayed in was like something from 1985. Apart from the shabbiness and terrible room, the staff were good, the food average enough and the location definatly leverages off the whole Connemara touristy thing.
It felt more like a 3star and definatly not worth the 160Euros we paid for the room. Pretty disappointing overall.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2009

This is our second visit to the hotel within 6 months and have just returned from an extended weekend break, having got a special deal....3 nights b & b, 2 dinners and because we were returning customers an exec room for €205 pp!!! Pretty good value!. The staff are absolutely great and could not have been more helpful. The views are great. There are plenty of nooks and crannies including a 'quiet corner' upstairs where you can read quietly overlooking the sea, a small library with a chess set (unfortunately 3 knhights missing which we reported...odd!) Plently of open fires, traditional bar etc. The food was good....a couple of dishes I didn't like but the last time was faultless so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt this time. Suffice it to stay we plan to return next September if not before (can't wait) and would really recommend it heartily to anyone. Had a fantastic massage from Michele in the beauty room and still reaping the benefits.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Tipperary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2009

Having seen the previous reviews after I had booked the hotel I was apprehensive about the rooms – this was a first trip away from my 4 kids in order to get some r&r so I intended spending most of my time in the bedroom catching up on sleep.

I was absolutely delighted about everything when I got there. At checking in I asked if my room would have a sea view – it didn’t so they changed me to one that did with no hassle and no extra charge. The room was lovely: clean , spacious and with a big double bed. And the view was spectacular. There was no single supplement charged either which was a pleasant surprise.

Nearly all the staff I met in the hotel are Irish. Cost was €165 for 2 nights and 1 (incredible!) dinner.

The swimming pool was great with very clean changing rooms. The outdoor hottub looked tacky in the brochure, however it was fantastic to sit in it while a gale blew in from the west.

Most of the other people staying while I was there were older couples enjoying the comfortable library on the first floor with plenty of arm chairs to lounge about in and the comfortable bar downstairs.
Though I was on my own I was very taken with the facilities for children. There is a utility room downstairs with washing and drying machines; fridge for baby milk; playpens beside the pool and changing area; separate restaurants at dinner time – one for families and the other adults only; the restaurant provides packed lunches; there is a lovely safe play area outside with swings and slides and walks around the ground.

All in all a very pleasant stay in a lovely hotel with friendly staff and a beautiful location. I will definitely be back again, bringing the rest of the family along with me.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
West Mids, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2009

We booked this hotel 15 minutes before we checked in, after an exhausting day driving around South West Ireland. The staff were very helpful at our late check in and we were given a room with stunning views of the bay. Probably the best view from a room this side of Italy!

Breakfast was excellent, with a wide range on offer to suit all tastes. The restaurant also overlooked the bay which was an added bonus. We were also given access to the fitness centre so we took advantage and had an early morning swim, followed by a relax in the outdoor Canadian hot tub, which also overlooked the bay! The hotel also provided a very welcoming bar area serving decent Guinness.

It's a pity we only stayed for one night - I could have easily spent a whole week in this lovely hotel.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2009

Having read some of the reviews of this hotel on Tripadvisor, we were a bit apprehensive. Our son had given us a voucher for the hotel so we really had no choice but to go to this particular hotel. However, we found the hotel to be excellent, the staff very friendly and helpful (the sort of real Irish welcome you expect and hope for), the food in both restaurants to be among the best we've had in any hotel in Ireland (and normal hotel prices), and our room was perfect. Some previous reviewers have commented on shabby rooms, we had a deluxe (or club room) at about 30 euro extra per night, and it was very spacious and well finished, the bathroom was nothing to write home about, but nothing wrong/broken/dirty (and who spends much time in a bathroom anyway?). The leisure centre, of which we made plenty of use, was very well equiped with a good gym, pool, hot tub. My wife and I have added it to our short list (of three) hotels in Ireland where we would love to go back to (combination of hotel facilities, location, service, and food). I would recommend it particularly for an off season getaway weekend (and a reasonable drive from most other parts of Ireland). As a by the way, they accomodated my wife's coeliac requirements very well, even telling her that all items on the menu (bar two) were suitable for her (that is quite exceptional), and they also had gluten free bread available at all meals. I think we will become regular visitors.

• Liked — Food and Service
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2009

Went here with my partner for a couple of nights in February. This is the second time we stayed here. We got a very good deal which included an evening meal at the restuarant. I have to say for the price we paid there was nothing I could complain about. The staff were excellent - very friendly and helpful. The food in both the restaurant and bar was also excellent and the room was clean and comfortable. The location of the hotel is beautiful - overlooking the bay. I'd recommend a soak in the hottub while watching the sun go down. My partners only gripe was the price of the wine in the bar, expensive even for Dublin! The leisure centre was well equipped with a decent pool (thankfully, not many kids around for the time of year). Didn't try any of the beauty treatments - just didn't get a chance as there's so much to see in the West.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Connemara Coast Hotel? Share your experiences!