“Stunning Grade 1 listed building” 5 of 5 stars

Chilston Park Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Boughton Lane | Sandway, Lenham ME17 2BE, England   |
Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Lenham
London
“Stunning Grade 1 listed building”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I choose to stay at this Country House Hotel for 1 night, as a much needed break. I was looking for a country hotel, one where I could enjoy the hotel grounds, as well as relax and enjoy some quality accommodation. Chilston Park Hotel did not let me down!

This is a beautiful building; photos do not do justice for this place. You have to visit.

I am pleased I chose a room in the Main house (there are Mews also). It really feels like you are in the original building, from times long gone. The pictures on the walls, the grand staircase, the lovely furnishings, the antiques and artefacts...it all makes this hotel feel like your home from 17th century.

Afternoon Tea in the Lounge was delicious, and relaxing.

Dinner was very good. I can recommend dinner here, even if you are not staying. Breakfast too was good, with plenty of choice.

Reception staff are very helpful and friendly. On check in, we were escorted to our room.

Our room was very lovely. Quite spacious for a twin room. A gorgeous touch was Larry the Lamb (teddy bear) on one bed - you can buy Larry, or one of his brothers or sisters from reception. A very adorable touch!

It was nice to see a (fire) map on the walls of the hotel, which gave you more understanding of the size of the hotel. Each room seems to be different in size, which sets this hotel aside from the "chain hotels"! Plenty of character in this hotel.

There are several private dining rooms, which all looked very appealing. There appears to be plenty of function/wedding room options too.

We took a walk around the immediate grounds of the hotel, with plenty of outdoor seating to while away a relaxing day. The grounds are well manicured.

This short stay did not let me down. I would definitely stay here again. And would use other Handpickedhotels.co.uk again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
ManagerCPH, General Manager at Chilston Park Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Guest
Thank you your very kind words regarding your stay with us. I am really pleased to read that the team looked after you so well and there were lots of very positive experiences for you during your stay. I am glad that we managed to provide the setting for a relaxing short break.
The team and I do hope that we able to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.

461 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Chichester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Scenic drive up to an even more amazing view of the hotel and grounds. Greeted by porter and taken into reception. We were several hours early so room wasn't ready. Registered in and sat in the garden with a pimms. There was a wedding party in the conservatory which looked very nice. We had a huge room with four poster bed. Tea,coffee and ironing board. Still & sparkling water by the bed. A soft cute Larry the Lamb was the do not disturb sign. Large bathroom. The rooms have names. We were in Rajah ( elephant decor). Our room was in the main house but there are rooms also in a beautiful courtyard. We had dinner in the hotel with friends. The food was exceptionally good so was the choice of breakfast. Good selection of wines. Staff friendly and efficient. We stayed two very relaxing nights. Will definitely stay here again when next we visit with our friends who recommended it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
ManagerCPH, General Manager at Chilston Park Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Guest
I am really pleased to read that your stay with us was relaxing one that proved to be most enjoyable. Thank you for the kind words relating to the performance of the team and several aspects of the facilities offered throughout the hotel. The team and I very much look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

A couple of months ago I experienced some poor service during afternoon tea at the Chilston Park Hotel, however as soon as the hotel found out about this they contacted me & kindly offered for me to come back for a complimentary visit.

I must say second time round it was like being at a different hotel; the service this time was excellent. We were ascorted from the car park, shown to our table and seen to straight away. All the waitresses were very friendly and attentive, and the food was lovely.

We had such a pleasent visit this time round, and I would happily recommend the afternoon tea here. I would recommend asking to be seated in the lounge area when booking, rather than the restaurant area. We felt it had a much more relaxed & comfortable atmosphere.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest
Thank you your kind words, I am really pleased to read that your return visit to us was such an enjoyable one. As mentioned during our discussions at the time I did feel that your experience was very much a one off and am glad that this has been proven to be the case with the high level of service and guest care delivered to you on this occasion.
Once again thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor and I hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel again.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My wife & I got married at Chilston Park last month and we had the most amazing wedding day and wouldn't change a single thing about it.

We chose the coach house package with the ceremony in the orangery which made a lovely change of scenery for everyone on the day. The staff made the day seamless. A massive thank you to Vicky (our co-ordinator) for being so thorough in the build up to the wedding and Becky and Kerrin for being there on the day and making all the plans run smoothly and making us feel so comfortable. Nothing was too much or un thought of before we could think of it.

It was the coach house area which ticked all of our boxes; the character of the stables, the size suited our numbers, the hog roast in the evening! and the fact everyone can stay over in around the courtyard was fantastic and so relaxing for all our guests.

The bride spent the night before in the Queen Anne room with her bridesmaids which is a beautiful huge room and apparently has a massively comfortable bed!! They had the most relaxing morning of the wedding with the makeup artist, hairdresser and florist all coming to the room.

Feedback form guests has been great - they were particularly pleased with the standard of their rooms.

Just a few other notes:
Canapes after the ceremony were great - especially the prawn tempura.
Breakfast the next morning was in the main hotel - huge amount of choice from the buffet.
breakfast the next morning - lots of choice. relaxed.

We stayed in the Tudor Suite the night of the wedding which was huge and made us feel very special.

We look forward to re visiting Chilston in the future many times as it will hold truly great memories for us all.

Room Tip: Tudor Suite!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest
I am really delighted to read that your wedding day here at Chilston Park was such a success and proved to be a really special day for you and your guests. Thank you so much for the kind words relating to the team at the hotel, it’s great to read that once again they have excelled themselves with the levels of guest care offered. We all hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

What a beautiful venue for a wedding! Inside and out this was truly spectacular. We were particularly impressed with the room we stayed in overnight which was separate from the main building in a lovely courtyard (sorry cannot remember the name!), really luxurious and so comfortable. Food was great, staff were very helpful and friendly, we'd love to go back!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest
Thank you so much for this review I am delighted that your stay with us was so enjoyable and you had a good time celebrating the bride and grooms special day. Hope that we see you again here at Chilston Park.
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed two nights here for a NYE wedding and it was amazing. For anyone considering a wedding venue, it was perfect (I think that's all they do), but here I'll just talk about it from a hotel perspective. I stayed in two rooms in two nights because they had different wedding parties on consecutive nights. First night I was in the stable block, which is just across a small courtyard from the main building. The room was small but charming and had everything you needed, including a comfortable bed and a teddy bear. The next night I was in one of the main rooms in the beautiful manor house, and it was amazing - huge, grand, four poster bed, beautiful old bathroom, lovely views across the gardens to the river. I really hadn't expected it to be so lovely. I felt like I was on the set of a costume drama. The only shame was as I was there for a wedding I was barely going to be in it. I'm not saying it was opulent luxury, but it was very special. Overall the manor house was beautiful (not actually as big and grand as Downton, just to be clear!) but a historic building carefully modernised. The staff were all great too, very accommodating to my very particular friend's million requests, and we had a great wedding.

Room Tip: If possible in the main house, they all seemed amazing - and there are special ones for the bride &a...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest
I am delighted that your visit to Chilston Park was such an enjoyable one and that a good time was had by all during the wedding celebrations. The house really does have that period feel about it in places and I am really pleased that it proved to be the perfect setting for the events of the day. I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Wonderful afternoon,fantastic staff couldnt have done anymore for the wedding party.The only niggle was the carrots could have been peeled and potato portion could have been a little larger
but that is just me being picky.Everything else was perfect.I think our party is planning to come back for a Christmas party night as we had so much fun yesterday.Thank you for making our friends wedding day so lovely.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest
Great to read that you enjoyed your visit to the hotel and I hope that we do see you again for the festive celebrations.
Gareth Davies

Been to Chilston Park Hotel? Share your experiences!