“Excellent overnight stay !” 5 of 5 stars

Chilston Park Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Boughton Lane | Sandway, Lenham ME17 2BE, England   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lenham
warwickshire
“Excellent overnight stay !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My fiancé and I stayed here on a dinner, bed and breakfast offer. The drive up to the hotel was lovely, we booked in at reception by very nice friendly staff, although our room wasn't ready we where happy to have a walk round the beautiful grounds and enjoyed a pimms sat by the lake.
We were then showed to our room Bloomsbury, which was very nice and had everything you wanted. The hotel was beautiful, full of history.we enjoyed a light lunch in the beautiful bar, all staff were very nice and friendly.
We then had a leisurely afternoon then we got dressed for dinner, we met in the lounge where we had champagne and canapés, we then had dinner, the food and service was excellent ! We then had coffee in the lounge. The following morning we had a lovey breakfast, anything you wanted, nothing to much trouble, and excellent quality. The only down fall was, late in the evening and early morning we where woken up to really loud banging, and truck deliveries, I know this needs to happen but the noise woke us up so we had a disturbed night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagerCPH, General Manager at Chilston Park Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Guest
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Chilston Park and am equally pleased that you have chosen to record a review on Tripadvisor. Thank you for your kind comments regarding so many aspects of the property, it is wonderful to read that your expectations were met. I am sorry that you were disturbed by noise from required access. This is something that has been mentioned to us on several occasions recently. I write this I can see Mark, one of our maintenance team busy installing a new access restriction post to ensure that vehicles cannot access the area that you have mentioned. I do hope that this improves the situation for all of our guests.
Gareth Davies

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

My husband and I had a lovely time at Chilston Park (despite my recently broken arm!). The surroundings are exceptional and with the weather being unusually summer-like, we strolled round and then settled by the lake. Our room (Austen) was comfortable and clean - we didn't spend much time in there as it was really relaxing in the huge lounge. We had booked an evening meal and this was another great part of our stay. Pre-dinner drinks and canapes were followed by an excellent meal served in a friendly and opulent restaurant. Breakfast next morning didn't disappoint - eggs benedict was cooked to perfection and the view through the window was magnificent. Finally, we must commend the staff who were efficient but more importantly friendly and helpful. Our next visit will not be for just one night.

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review, I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us on route to the continent. Chilston Park is ideally situated for a stopover on this long journey and I am glad that we were able to send you on your way relaxed and ready to enjoy your holiday.
Coventry
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Beautiful surroundings, tastefully decorated room, friendly, welcoming, polite, professional staff - room service scrummy - a delightful stay. The breakfast was delicious, although unfortunately the waiter got the order wrong. However he was so polite I didn't want to point out this error. One small point - the chef does not know how to make scrambled egg. It was like small rubber bullets and was almost inedible which was a great shame as the rest of the breakfast was excellent. Really enjoyed my stay - will be back. A great find and highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagerCPH, General Manager at Chilston Park Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Guest
Firstly may I thank you for placing this review of your recent stay with us at Chilston Park. I am really pleased that you enjoyed your short break and that the customer service offered met your expectations. This is really wonderful to read. However I am of course apologetic that your breakfast experience was somewhat under par. I will of course discuss your comment with both my restaurant manager and head chef to ensure that the areas that you have mentioned are looked into and resolved.
I do hope that you visit us again when next in Kent.
kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is my second time of staying here, and I will defiantly stay again. The first stay was fir a criends wedding. we stayed in the main hotel in the carasole room, the second visit i had a suite in the grounds, the suite was very roomy with 2 bathrooms and a lounge, but very noisy as we could hear the people in the room above us. So next time I old stay in the main hotel. We ate in the resturant and it was lovely setting and lovely food.
I think the best thing about this hotel is the staff they are o polite and friendly. See you soon!

Room Tip: Carasole room is my recommendation
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest
I am delighted that you enjoyed your most recent stay with us, it is wonderful to read that you have chosen to return to the hotel and will do again in the future. Please accept my apologies for the noise disturbance that you experienced within our Mews bedrooms. I am aware of the issue and since joining the hotel have been working with the team to address these issues. We have completed stage one of the work with noise cancelling underlay and boarding being laid. This has improved the situation considerably. Stage two of the work is due to commence shortly with additional noise cancelling insulation and false ceilings being installed in the two effected rooms. This will I am sure resolved the issue for the comfort of all of our future guests.
Once again thank you for your review and I hope to see you at the hotel again in the future.
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hotel whilst on holiday in Kent. The hotel itself is lovely, probably one of the best hand picked we have stayed in so far. Our room was lovely.
We chose to eat in the lounge rather than the restaurant. Can I firstly congratulate the management on choosing a 'normal' menu for the lounge. More hotels need to realise that not every guest wants to eat gourmet food at £40 a head!! I had chicken burger and my husband had vege lasagne. Both were superb. Drinks were a tad expensive, but you are a captive audience so you can only expect that! Breakfast was wonderful and staff were (as they always are, without fail, in a handpicked hotel) superb - expect for the one point I make below!

My only criticism is that as the hotel is in Kent and not a million miles away from Essex there was a lot of riff-raff in the hotel. We arrived at the door into reception (at about 4pm) to find two half dressed, orange, overly made up girls holding on to each other and the door frame as they were so drunk, smoking and talking about who they were planning to "get off with" that evening. Not the best first impression! Unfortunately this continued for the rest of the evening. Everywhere we went were scantily-clad, drunk Essex girls, mostly whom were part of the wedding party who wouldn't have looked out of place in a £20 a night motel. I didn't expect that sort of clientele to be in a £200 a night hotel!! It also caused us problems when we got back to our room as there were a lot of drunk guests outside our windows making noise so we couldn't have the windows open in this heat wave.
A particular highlight of the evening was eating our dinner in the lounge, where a lot of other couples were having pre-dinner drinks, and listening to a screeching group telling a 'hillarious' story of the time one of them got so drunk they were projectile vomiting! They also thought it was ok to swear loudly after every other word. In future, I would suggest the staff told guests like that to keep their voices down and think of other guests evenings, which they didn't do. The only saving grace was that we had chosen not to eat in the restaurant which was there this particular group was headed - I would not be happy if I was another diner paying a small fortune to listen to that! All I can suggest is that the hotel staff either rates the guests on suitability or you check if there is a wedding party on on the evening you wish to stay at the hotel!

All in all I would stay here again providing there isn't a wedding on!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at Chilston Park. I am pleased that on the whole you enjoyed your stay and rated the hotel highly. This is indeed very positive feedback to receive. I also thank you for your constructive comments relating several aspects of your stay. I will of course take these on board and use them as a guide as we continue to develop the hotel.
Once again thank you for the review and I do hope that you choose to stay with us again in the future.
Brentwood, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed at the Chilston Park weekend of 14th July. From arrival to departure we were very impressed. From the Picturesque hotel and grounds down to the service we had a truely lovely time here. Staff were brilliant. Breakfast was lovely and plentiful. Very impressed. I would definately book and recommend a stay here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagerCPH, General Manager at Chilston Park Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for your very kind words. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that so many aspects of your visit stood out for mention.
I do hope that we have an opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.
General Manger
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed at Chilston Park Hotel in a suite on the night of an event. We got there quite late and left at 11.30 the next day, so this review is probably not based on as much information as some others. The suite was delightful, beautifully decorated and with a supremely comfortable bed in the main bedroom. Lots of thoughtful extras, such as (current) copies of magazines, nice biscuits with the tea and coffee-making facilities etc., Breakfast was the standard I'd expect from this type of establishment, with the cooked element particularly well executed.
The hotel is lovely, beautifully decorated, the staff are helpful and extremely polite, the grounds are beautiful and extensive but be aware that there is the constant background noise of traffic from the nearby motorway, which spoilt our enjoyment of sitting in the sunshine on a Sunday morning.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagerCPH, General Manager at Chilston Park Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am sorry that the hotel location did not meet your full expectations, please accept my apologies for this aspect that this however somewhat out of our control. It is of course pleasing to read that all parts of your stay that we can impact upon were well received and delivered to our normal high standards.
We do hope that the positive parts of your stay out weighed the negatives and that you will choose to stay with us again.
Gareth Davies

Been to Chilston Park Hotel? Share your experiences!