“Delicious” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
London, England, United Kingdom
“Delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Yummy well prepared food. Good service and lovely surroundings. We had the mussels for starters with garlic bread, followed by Sea Bream for me and Steak for my husband. It was really delicious and would definitely come back.

Visited April 2014

Melksham, England, United Kingdom
“A lovely dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

This was my first visit to The
Northey Arms, Box and it certainly won't be my last. The atmosphere was relaxed and the service was excellent. I ordered a steak and asked for it medium rare, sometimes this comes over cooked but it was perfect. The service wasn't rushed and my husband and I were left to enjoy our evening at a relaxing pace. Definitely worth more visits.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Melksahm
“Celebrating 3 family members birthdays - DISAPOINTING”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Lovely setting, restaurant ambience and friendly staff.
A pity about the service. 25 minutes for the starters to arrive and not all together. Then another 30 minutes after plates cleared, for the main course to arrive, having had to chase it up. It was a Sunday and priority seemed to have been given to roast lunches. Customers who ordered 30 minutes after us had their main course before us and left. We had a mixture of Sunday lunches and off the main menu. We would have had puddings and coffees but did not want to be held up any longer. The roast lunches just seemed to have been thrown on the plate, no finesse of vegetables in dishes to help yourself. I have seen better presented in other local inns.
On phoning on the Monday to speak to the manager I was told he was not in until 12.30, Phoning at 12.30 I was told he was not in until 3pm. Phoning at 3.30pm I was told he was not in until Wednesday. At this point the person on the phone did have the sense to ask what I wanted, whereas the other two could not be bothered. On explaining I was informed they knew we had been delayed due to others arriving late, why not an apology on the day. Did they just hope we would accept it.
The manager eventually got in touch on the Wednesday and apologised, but all that was offered was a free starter and main course for my wife and me. On reflecting on this later I thought it unfair that the other 5 would not be recompensed. It should have been 7 free main courses in my opinion. We will not be returning to this establishment in the future. Three people’s birthday meals spoilt

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Corsham, United Kingdom
“Average food...drafty and cold in the winter”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

We had a meal for two in the winter. We were put in a bay window table where the wind was whistling through gaps in the windows. We asked to be moved to another table but were told this was not possible despite other tables being free/ not laid out. We had to sit with our coats on for our entire meal. We were too cold to stay for more than 1 course.
The food was average despite the restaurant's foodie pretensions.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Narberth, United Kingdom
“Simply Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Plain fayre interestingly and imaginatively served. We liked the bar environment. Prompt attentive disservice, reasonably priced. Good ambience.Several visits, never disappointed.

• Visited September 2013