“Excellent B&B Real Gem” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lorne House

You added Lorne House to your Saves list
Lorne House
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   London Road, Box, Corsham SN13 8NA, England   |
Ranked #2 of 6 Box B&B and Inns
Chippenham, United Kingdom
“Excellent B&B Real Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

We had to check in early when arriving at the B&B we were three hours before normal check in but the owners had agreed this was fine as my husband needed to get ready for an interview in the area.

We were shown to our room which was a double at the front of the house and my first impressions were brilliant. I loved the style and decor of the room it had been very cleverly and stylishly furnished and the bed was just huge.

My husband went off and I spent the next couple of hours lounging around and enjoying the rain fall shower in the wet room, more than you expect from a B&B.

When he returned we walked up the road to the local pub the Queens Head which is nice enough and serves pub food such as steak and gammon.

After that we came back to the room and got settled in our big bed after borrowing a DVD from the collection supplied by the owners each room has a DVD installed into the television and they allow you to borrow the DVDs during your stay.

After a lovely nights sleep we went down for breakfast after confirming we would like it at around 9.00am and we served tea, coffee and some of the freshest produce i have eaten for breakfast.

The owners made us feel so welcome it felt like you were a long standing friend. I will be going back to this B&B.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2009

Not sure how to start without everyone thinking the owner paid me to stay there. What a fantastic B+B. I was running really late but this didn't seem to faze the owner. He had recommendations of places to eat locally and was helpful and attentive in just the right amount. The room was the best I have stayed in huge bed with lovely Egyptian cotton sheets. Decor throughout is fab. Opt for room 2 and you get a bath and wetroom shower - lucky me I got this by accident. Breakfast room is lovely, all the usual stuff plus home made lemon curd and homemade grapefruit marmalade so extra toast for me!! Everything and everywhere was spotlessly clean oh and there were a selection of books and magazines in the bedrooms and around the place together with loads of information about things of local interest. Overall a fantastic experience must go back when I am able.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Been to Lorne House? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Lorne House

Address: London Road, Box, Corsham SN13 8NA, England
Location: United Kingdom > England > Wiltshire > Corsham > Box
Beverage Selection Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly )
Ranked #2 of 6 B&Bs / Inns in Box
Hotel Class:4 star — Lorne House 4*
From our location in Wiltshire, Lorne House offers guests a smart, sophisticated place to stay. With recently refurbished interior Lorne House is a stylish, providing visitors with an elegant charm and friendly welcome.Lorne House was the childhood home of the Rev. W J Awdry, - Thomas the Tank Engine.We also provide a conference facility, suitable for seminars or training. Close to Bath, we are situated in a fantastic location to explore the area. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Lorne House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Lorne House Hotel Box
Lorne House Box, United Kingdom

If you own or manage Lorne House, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.