“Fantastic .. Guaranteed to make you want to return !” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   High St, Angmering, Littlehampton BN16 4AG, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Angmering
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic .. Guaranteed to make you want to return !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

Unexpectedly I had to find a hotel in this area so my girlfriend and i could attend a funeral... I used a booking website and this hotel was suggested... Seeing ad though it was just intended to be a bed for the night we decided gave it a go..... Well ... What can u say? Fantastic, beautiful, quaint, welcoming, peaceful, great service, beautiful room, great food .... I
could go on but I won't as I think by now I should have convinced you to stay here , if I haven't convinced you, you will be missing out ! We will most certainly be returning to this lovely hotel , only this time for happier reasons... I would stay at least 2 or 3 days and enjoy what will most certainly be a very relaxing break. Congratulations to
the staff , especially the lady who.'s first night it was and could not have been more helpful even when she had to check things for herself to get to know her job... The chef
produced a meal which was
beautiful (and I'm a fussy eater!!)
and the receptionist who not only
did he look after our funeral flowers
with care as if they were his own
but did an array of jobs including check in, serving drinks, delivering an iron and ironing board, tour guide and keeping my girlfriend in shampoo and conditioner which she had forgotten !!
Congratulations to the management and staff at this beautiful hotel... As Arnie said ..."I'll be back" !!

shampoo and conditioner to keep

• Stayed June 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Essex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

What a fab place to stay. We were in one of the 4 poster bed rooms with patio doors leading onto the garden. Lush bathroom with huge Jacuzzi bath and walk in power shower. Lovely food in the restaurant too. Breakfast was good. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Great location for Brighton, Littlehampton etc... Nice little village walking distance from this hotel. Chocolate on your pillow when you arrive, mmmm

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Southend
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed one night on a dinner bed and breakfast deal. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left we loved it. A quaint oldy-worldy feel complete with low ceilings and creaky floors. Individually decorated rooms with ultra-modern bathrooms. An indoor pool, three pieces of up-to-date cardio exercise equipment and a sauna. A lovely garden with iron gazebo, fish pond and lavish shrubberies. A lounge and a separate bar area with classic furnishings including Chesterfield sofas. We had a basic room but it was lovely. I can only imagine that the higher end rooms and suites would be absolutely gorgeous. A quiet location in a village with no traffic noise and a 2-minute walk to the pub, church and stores. Ample parking. Ideally suited for local walking or riding (bikes or horses) through Angmering Park and all manner of sightseeing in the area. All staff were friendly and polite without being fawning. The highlight was Tommaso, the Italian Maitre d'hotel. He knew how each dish on the delectable a la carte menu was cooked and thus could advise on my food allergies or intolerances with ease. It gave our dinner a sense of comfort and assuredness that we have never experienced before. Guests will be able to receive a wine recommendation or have a dish described according to taste. We would highly recommend this gem of a hotel.

Room Tip: Room 204 had a large mock-distressed bed. Nice.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

My fiancé and I stayed here for a long weekend and it was amazing, very quiet location and only a short drive from the sea.

The indoor pool was a perfect temperature and although the gym is small it is enough for while you are on holiday!

The staff are friendly and the breakfast is top quality made from local ingredients.

We topped are stay off with a meal out at the baytree in Arundel which is also highly recommended.

We will definately be staying here again and have already recommended it to friends an family!

Thanks for the amazing weekend!

• Stayed April 2011
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

My husband and I stayed here on a rare break away without our 2 young boys. We had a great day out in Brighton on the Saturday and drove about 20 minutes to Angmering Manor that evening as we wanted to visit Arundel Castle the next day. We recieved a warm welcome and we could see through to what looked like a bustling dining room. It was nice to be actually taken to our room rather than what you often get which is something like, 'it's up the stairs, turn left , then turn right, past this and that etc..'
Our room (a standard double) was very pleasant, it was both modern and elegant. The bathroom was clean and again modern with a good powerful shower. There were plenty of clean white towels, bath robes, as well as toiletries from 'The White Company'. The room had a flat screen TV with plenty of freeview channels and there was free Wifi we could have connected to if we wanted. After lots of walking around in Brighton, and being 7 months pregnant, I was happy to make myself a cup of tea while my husband enjoyed a glass of wine! Our room was very quiet indeed and we both slept really well in the comfy bed!
Breakfast was good with a choice of cereals, fresh fruit, toast and then various cooked options which were made to order. We then went back to bed for an hour before checking out. After checkout we used the pool and sauna (we were the only one's in there) and it was very nice. I imagine it is really lovely in the summer as all down one side are glass doors which open onto the garden.
I'm struggling to find anything negative to say really and I can't stand they way some people 'nitpick' on reviews about what I think are really insignificant things. At the end of the day we paid £85 for a double room with breakfast and use of the pool, which I think was very good indeed. I wouldn't want to encouarge the hotel to put the prices up but to be honest I would still have been happy if I'd paid a bit more.
Nestled between cosmopolitan Brighton and Arundel Castle (closed until April), it is a great place to stay! I would love to go again, although I have my sights set on Paris for our next little getaway!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Southampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

We stayed with friends for dinner, bed and breakfast.
The hotel was lovely and the room great with a roll top bath and a huge shower. The staff were also friendly and pleasant. We had a nice dinner and then went to the bar to chat and have a few drinks. We were asked to move to the lounge at about 11 30 as the bar was closing, we gladly did so although we were only sat chatting and didn't really see the need. However half an hour later we were told we couldn't stay and chat in the lounge either as we were disturbing guests in the room above. This spoiled our evening as there was nowhere else to go so we were in bed by midnight! We felt our evening had been cut short.
The hotel should make it clear to guests that you can hear people talking in the rooms above the bar and lounge or not put people with children in them. I would point out that at no time were we noisy we were just talking.
A shame as a nice experience was spoiled and that would put us off going back.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Portree, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

We had flown down from Inverness to Gatwick having thought we had successfully booked a room at the Highdown Hotel in Worthing. Due to a software error, partially my fault, the booking was unsuccessful and the Highdown magnificently arranged alternative accommodation at the Angmering Manor. We had a very pleasant evening and could not have been treated better by the management and staff who were all extremely pleasant and helpful. Unfortunately we could only stay one night as we were heading back North on the Sunday, but they sent us on our way with an excellent breakfast. Would love to stay there again for a longer stay.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Angmering Manor? Share your experiences!