We have been to this restaurant twice now, both for special occasions, once DB&B once for lunch.
The building is exquisite and a lovely environment and when the weather allows it is lovely to sit in the garden before or after the meal.
The staff, mostly French are very attentive without being overbearing. Service is efficient and attentive, just right.
Once we tried the Découverte discovery menu (10 course £116pp) and once the Classiques (5 course £96pp). The food is lovely and the bread of many types is wonderful. I would say the food is slightly better than I have had at another 3* Michelin restaurant in the UK.
The wine list as would be expected is extensive from about £30 per bottle to just over £3,000, but you can locate several bottles at £30 to £40 (phew!).
So a wonderful special experience overall.
Gripes: We (x4) decided to have a glass of champagne while choosing the menu. OK I expected the £12 per glass although the 125ml looked a bit lean for that, but I was a little taken aback (when I later saw the bill) at the £24 per glass (125ml) for the Rose champagne (offered as an alternative) – It would have been nice if they either filled the glass for that or mentioned that it “was a alternatively priced”! Also noticed that on a menu at £95pp there was a £3.50 supplement if you wanted a side dish e.g. spinach. An experience like this could be made much nicer if you didn’t feel in the back of your mind that they were adding as much as possible to an already pricey event. Go wild chuck in a bit of free spinach Raymond !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Le Manoir aux Quat' Saisons" is the fulfillment of a personal vision, a dream that one day I would create a hotel and restaurant in harmony where my guests would find perfection in food, comfort, service and welcome." Raymond Blanc - Chef Patron A Michelin starred restaurant and sumptuous country house hotel with individually designed bedrooms. The Raymond Blanc Cookery School enables you to learn the techniques and secrets of one of Britain's most famous restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, MrandMrsSmith, Orbitz, Belmond and Jetsetter so you can book your Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Manoir Aux Quat`Saisons By Orient-Express Hotel Great Milton
- Manoir Aux Quatre Saisons
- Le Manoir Aux Quatre Saisons
- Manoir Quatre Saisons
- Le Manoir Quatre Saisons
- Manor Quatre Saisons
- Belmond Le Manoir Aux Quat'Saisons Great Milton, Oxfordshire, England