“Busy but good service & quality food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Con Amici Italian Bar and Kitchen

Con Amici Italian Bar and Kitchen
Rhyl Road, Denbigh Ll16 3DS, Wales (Formerly Alafowlia Bar & Restaurant)
01745 814444
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 22 restaurants in Denbigh
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Rhyl, United Kingdom
“Busy but good service & quality food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My wife & I called in here on a Saturday night at about 7pm for dinner. The bar area was in full swing but we were greeted promptly. We hadn't booked but it was explained that they could offer a table but it was in an area where they 2 or 3 large party bookings and we accepted. TIP - if you want a quiet table book in advance and ASK. Another couple asked to be moved but they couldn't be accommodated. The table we were seated at was a bit big for 2 and as the evening wore on and the place filled up, we had to really raise our voices to have a conversation so intimate & cosy it wasn't. However, our waiter was really enthusiastic and knew the menu & specials well. Service was really friendly & prompt despite the busy night and nothing was too much trouble. Good choice of food across the range. Portion size is generous for both starter & main and a good choice of accompanying veg. We were comfortably full from the 2 courses, soft drinks & coffee. Food quality was excellent. Preparation and presentation are quality. Overall cost for 2 was £57.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

86% Recommend
Denbigh, United Kingdom
“Not Bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Food ok a little pricy for what you get, dining room a little bland more like a cafe, can be very noisy, bar area good and staff couldnt do enough , bar snacks good especially the pizza.

Visited December 2012
Denbigh, United Kingdom
“Lunchtime Excellence”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

2 of us met up with a friend we hadn.t seen for quite some time. When we arrived we were the first diners so it was a little lacking in atmosphere, but the restaurant filled up later. We all agreed that our starters and mains were excellent and the total bill was very reasonable. I would have scored it 5 marks, but the menu doesn't appear to have changed much if at all over the period since I last visited. I look for meals with a little bit of difference in them and pizzas, lasagne, pasta carbonara dishes, etc, are commonplace dishes.

Visited December 2012
denbighshire
“Great food, Great service!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We were served by a very happy and relaxed young man. He welcomed us and showed us to our seats, he offered us a high chair and got colours for the small child we had with us. He was very helpful answering all our questions about the menu. The food was of great standard and we didnt feel rushed between courses. The male employee was very good with the child and delievered us a great service!! Hes part of the reason we come back!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chester
“What a steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We celebrated my birthday here and were treated to old fashioned hospitality, modern surroundings and brilliant food. From the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty. We were met at the door and served by attentive staff who knew just when to come to the table, leaving us to enjoy the atmosphere and the food.
I never eat steak when I go out but my son insisted that I had the filet steak and I am so glad I did. It was perfect, a local Welsh product balanced with a tasty sauce and vegetables.
I enjoyed the food and the way they made me feel special for my birthday. Excellent!

• Visited December 2012