“Cosy and Friendly - Great Local Guide” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hendomen Farmhouse Bed and Breakfast

Hendomen Farmhouse Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montgomery
Hendomen Farmhouse Bed and Breakfast
You added Hendomen Farmhouse Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
Montgomery SY15 6HB, Wales   |
Ranked #5 of 5 Montgomery B&B and Inns
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Cosy and Friendly - Great Local Guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

We arrived at this old Welsh farmhouse and once we had been warmly welcomed in we were immediately sruck by the beautiful view from our room - rolling hills topped by montgomery castle - fantastic! Our room (en suite double) was cosy but well furnished, and the shower was spacious and powerful (big hit for me!).
Our hosts the well organised Jo and the somewhat eccentric but friendly Bruce happily recommended a local pub for dinner and even offered us a lift. Bruce seemed to know most of the local hosteleries very well, and was happy to share his reviews of them!
After a great nights sleep (this place is only 1 mile from Montgomery but is hiiden up a country lane and is super quiet) we sat down to a really good full english with all the trimmings, decent coffee and a bit of banter with Bruce.
All in all a well run and uber-friendly place in a very tranquil and beautiful spot - recommended.

Room Tip: Great shower in the en-suite well worth it.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
princesskatem
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

We stayed at this B&B recently as a friend was getting married in near by Mellington. The area is beautiful and Montgomery looked lovely, we only had time to visit the castle the next day (which boasts tremendous views) but would have liked to take a look around the town.

On arrival we were pleasantly greeted with a cup of tea in the lounge area after being shown to our room. The room was nice but small, the old wooden floorboards were an attractive feature and the furnishings were non-offensive, to describe the style in 3 words I'd say light, floaty, farmhouse. The shower was huge and powerful which is a big tick from us, the bed was comfy and the room a good temperature. The view from the window of our room was lovely - fields, sheep, hills, the town and castle all in one.
The owners were very friendly and helpful although I would say that it is one of those B&B's where you feel as if you are in somebody else’s home rather than paid for accommodation. This for some people is perfect, like staying with old friends or relatives - a nice safe, comfortable feeling place. For me personally I prefer a hotel-like feel, so if you're like me and prefer to feel comfortable but private then this place might not be ideal. However in saying that I didn't feel that our space was invaded in any way. I think it's just things like photographs of other peoples families and holiday snaps which lead me to feel like I'm encroaching on somebody else’s living space.

For the most part the room was clean (I used to clean a hotel so I have a critical eye!) the bed linen was clean and fresh, the floors clean and bathroom - which lets face it are the main things we all want to be clean. There was a little complimentary soap and a half used bottle of shower gel which I had to question, had it been left by a previous guest or was it for our use? We had brought our own. There wasn't a bag in the bathroom bin which was a little off-putting, but luckily I had one to hand that I could pop in. There was a bit of dust here and there - but like I say, I do look for these things!

Breakfast was good and hot, choice of eggs and tasty tomatoes, mushroom, bacon, sausage and toast. Cereal was available too with yoghurts to boot - so nothing missed there. We were given a big pot of tea and coffee (one each) which was greatly received after the late night before. All in all a fair B&B with friendly proprietors. Ideal for a relaxing, cheap break in a countrified setting with a farmhouse feel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hendomen Farmhouse Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!