“Friendly with Great Views” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hendomen Farmhouse Bed and Breakfast

Hendomen Farmhouse Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montgomery
Hendomen Farmhouse Bed and Breakfast
Save Saved
You added Hendomen Farmhouse Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
Montgomery SY15 6HB, Wales   |
Ranked #5 of 5 Montgomery B&B and Inns
princesskatem
“Friendly with Great Views”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

We stayed at this B&B recently as a friend was getting married in near by Mellington. The area is beautiful and Montgomery looked lovely, we only had time to visit the castle the next day (which boasts tremendous views) but would have liked to take a look around the town.

On arrival we were pleasantly greeted with a cup of tea in the lounge area after being shown to our room. The room was nice but small, the old wooden floorboards were an attractive feature and the furnishings were non-offensive, to describe the style in 3 words I'd say light, floaty, farmhouse. The shower was huge and powerful which is a big tick from us, the bed was comfy and the room a good temperature. The view from the window of our room was lovely - fields, sheep, hills, the town and castle all in one.
The owners were very friendly and helpful although I would say that it is one of those B&B's where you feel as if you are in somebody else’s home rather than paid for accommodation. This for some people is perfect, like staying with old friends or relatives - a nice safe, comfortable feeling place. For me personally I prefer a hotel-like feel, so if you're like me and prefer to feel comfortable but private then this place might not be ideal. However in saying that I didn't feel that our space was invaded in any way. I think it's just things like photographs of other peoples families and holiday snaps which lead me to feel like I'm encroaching on somebody else’s living space.

For the most part the room was clean (I used to clean a hotel so I have a critical eye!) the bed linen was clean and fresh, the floors clean and bathroom - which lets face it are the main things we all want to be clean. There was a little complimentary soap and a half used bottle of shower gel which I had to question, had it been left by a previous guest or was it for our use? We had brought our own. There wasn't a bag in the bathroom bin which was a little off-putting, but luckily I had one to hand that I could pop in. There was a bit of dust here and there - but like I say, I do look for these things!

Breakfast was good and hot, choice of eggs and tasty tomatoes, mushroom, bacon, sausage and toast. Cereal was available too with yoghurts to boot - so nothing missed there. We were given a big pot of tea and coffee (one each) which was greatly received after the late night before. All in all a fair B&B with friendly proprietors. Ideal for a relaxing, cheap break in a countrified setting with a farmhouse feel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips

Been to Hendomen Farmhouse Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!