“ASTONISHING” 5 of 5 stars

Dolgellau, Dinas Mawddwy, Snowdonia National Park SY20 9LR, Wales   |
Surrey
“ASTONISHING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

The house is set in a wonderfully scenic part of of Wales. In actual fact, it is totally idyllic. The house is spotlessly clean and we were given a very warm welcome by Jackie. Tea and biscuits followed. Our room, located on the first floor at the front was superb. The room was spacious, immaculate and very tastefully decorated. The large window offers a lovely view across to the hills opposite. The shower room had quality toiletries provided which was a very nice touch. Jackie & Richard are super hosts and nothing was too much trouble. On our second evening, we had a three course home cooked meal which was divine. Breakfast is extensive with full Welsh, a vegetarian version, home prepared fresh fruit salad, home prepared granola and yoghurts. There is even a hot tub to the side of the house where one can relax with the superb view and a glass of something.
The village of Dinas Mawddwy is close by, about 20 minutes walk. The Red Lion or Y Llew Coch is very much the local pub with friendly people. This pub offers home cooked food and had two local ales on tap and the usual other drinks.
Ty Derw really is a wonderful place to stay with lovely hosts. I'm going back next year as my first visit was so good.

Room Tip: First floor front bedroom.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

75 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights in October whilst visiting friends and family. This is a great BB where you are made to feel extremely welcome from the first moment and nothing is too much trouble for the hosts Richard and Jackie. The rooms are spacious, clean, warm and cosy especially the bed! We live in Hong Kong so he peace and quiet of where Ty Derw is located was really appreciated. All facilities were first class including free use of wifi and a really nice lounge area. Breakfast was top notch with large portions served using local produce, bacon is the best I have ever had!

We would have no hesitation in recommending Ty Derw and look forward to our next stay!

Room Tip: All rooms are very high quality with ensuite
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
manchestr
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I booked this B&B on the internet very late in the day and after a long day at work, it was a real pleasure to come to Ty Derw.
As my booking was last minute my arrival was a little unexpected, but I still had a very friendly and warm welcome with the offer of food and drinks.
I was shown round my room and found it to be very comfortable and perfect for relaxing and putting your feet up.
The next day after I'd left it transpired I'd forgotten to leave my room keys. When I returned later to hand the keys back I explained I was having a nightmare trying to connect to the internet in order to send work stuff to my office. Richard and Jackie unquestionably offered the use of their wi-fi and threw in a cup of coffee for good measure. Perfect!!
All in all the Ty Derw Country House B&B is an intimate and warm little place with a big heart and a big welcome. Much recommended

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed here for two nights. the place was really lovely , the room was big with a great on suite well decorated and very clean. There was free sat tv in the room ,and if you wanted to you could use the lounge. We went down to the local pub , the red lion on the first night it was only a short walk and the pub was very friendly and the food was really good home cooked. Jackie and Richard who run the B&B are really nice and make you feel very at home. we didn't have an evening meal at the B&B but we wished that we could of because it smelt and looked lovely, maybe next time we go . If it's anything like the breakfast then it will be wonderful. The B&B is a great place to stay, very clean,very friendly and well run so I would highly recommend that you stay here if you need a good base for mid wales and Snowdonia.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed for just one night, could of easily stayed longer. We stayed in the twin room, which was fab, had everything that you could possibly need and was a great size.
Jackie and Richard were great hosts and nothing was too much trouble for them.Breakfast in the morning was superb too.
Will be returning

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

My friend and I found ourselves 'stuck' in Wales after a mix up with the car keys (they were in London... long story). Jackie and Richard heard about our plight and had space for us to stay the night. When we arrived, Jackie ushered us into our rooms and told us to relax. They had not planned to cook for dinner that night but due to our circumstances, Jackie offered multiple options. Jackie and Richard went above and beyond to help my friend and I. Our room was exceptionally clean, the food was great, and the friendliness and service can't be beat! I will definitely stay here the next time I'm in Snowdonia and would recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

Lovely place owned by very nice people.
Spacious room with nice bathroom, TV and WIFI. Breakfast was excellent with fresh fruits, cereals, juice and whatever you wish.
Next trip to the Snowdonia area will defenitely be the Ty Derw.

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Ty Derw Country House B&B? Share your experiences!