“I wish I had read Trip Advisor before I booked!” 3 of 5 stars

Longforgan Coaching Inn
Main Street, Longforgan DD2 5EU, Scotland   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Longforgan
Scotland
“I wish I had read Trip Advisor before I booked!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

I booked through Late Rooms.com and gave credit card details to confirm stay for 5nights.
I arrived at 9pm and was give my key with very little warmth of welcome. On Tuesday I asked for the Wifi detail and was handed a slip of paper with no explanation. On Wednesday I took in cash to pay my bill and asked for it. The barman said "it has been settled" I said by whom. He went through to the bar and some time later a man appeared and said the money had been taken from my credit card. I asked how without me being present? He said if the stay is for more than two nights the money is taken from the credit card used to book the accommodation. I felt intimidated and left. I am an elderly person and felt I was treated poorly. I was away from home and did not know how much I had been charged. My stay had not ended but I made sure I did not meet up with the presumed management as I found their attitude aggresive and unhelpful. I advise anyone thinking of staying to be fully aware of the situation to avoid disappointment. I am back in the area this week but have booked a friendly Travelodge and paid in advance. I hope the costs incurred in the credit card transaction and this review is worth the alternative to being paid cash early and having a repeat customer.

Room Tip: Don't speak to management.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Had an overnight stay here at the weekend. Rooms look tired and dreary. Reception and lounge was not very welcoming. Was hoping to see bits of history around the place but there was none. Not a single picture of the coaches of the early times which could have been a nice touch. The whole place could probably do better with some decor and lighting. Went to the pub for dinner, and the chips and veg tasted and looked like out of frozen packets! Lack of food presentation as well.:( Good value for drinks. Would not stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Longforgan hotels

Stoke On Trent
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I had no choice but to book this hotel as i was visiting Dundee when the annual oil conference was on in Aberdeen and this was the last hotel available. Well i would have preferred to sleep in my car! The reception i recieved was poor, they took payment from my card without me being present. I wasnt given any information either on arrival. I was taken to the room.... well OMG very poor, dingy, dirty and in a vast need of updating. You could hear every sound outside so i had no sleep. The restaurant was so dirty and old i stayed out all night. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone unless its an emergency.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dundee, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Had a great break at longforgan inn last weekend with our newly acquired doggie Jack. Staff great, meals too and company, especially the impromptu entertainment in the bar every night. Thanks to Alistair in particular who made it especially enjoyable. Six miles from where we live - would go back in a minute! Nothing any bother for the staff. Can't wait to go on Hogmanay! Rates excellent as well. Great place.

Room Tip: 214 if you have a pet and don't mind single beds. very comfy!
Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We had a great dinner that was good pub food and very good value.
The pub is a bit dingy and dated and the rooms are tired with bathrooms that are a bit off-putting.
This is a bed for the night if you are passing through.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We only stayed one night, but i would have liked to have stayed longer! This inn is a very friendly place we were made to feel very welcome, the food is second to none !! (Try the mushrooms) there delicious :-) would deffo return and would recommend. Thanks so much ally and Shirley you have a great pub, and your staff are all brilliant.. Hope to see you all soon thank you.

Donald and Maria

Room Tip: We stayed at the front and was nice and sunny in the morning.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

This "hotel" is one of the worst I have stayed in over the many years of working away from home as a contractor. The beds folded up like a pitta bread when I lay down on it causing me to have an exceptionally bad back for the days following my trip. The bathroom needed updating and shower had to be adjusted every 2 minutes to keep an even temperature. The room also smelled damp. Whilst having a pint in the bar with my work colleague I went to use the toilet. On returning to the bar the "chef " from the restaurant had sat down on my barstool. He never flinched when I returned just carrying on a conversation with another person at the bar. When he finished his conversation I eventually got my seat back. Rudeness of the highest order.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Longforgan Coaching Inn? Share your experiences!