“old fashioned” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Longforgan
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
“old fashioned”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

This "hotel" is one of the worst I have stayed in over the many years of working away from home as a contractor. The beds folded up like a pitta bread when I lay down on it causing me to have an exceptionally bad back for the days following my trip. The bathroom needed updating and shower had to be adjusted every 2 minutes to keep an even temperature. The room also smelled damp. Whilst having a pint in the bar with my work colleague I went to use the toilet. On returning to the bar the "chef " from the restaurant had sat down on my barstool. He never flinched when I returned just carrying on a conversation with another person at the bar. When he finished his conversation I eventually got my seat back. Rudeness of the highest order.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
dundee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We went to hotel for one night and couldn't be made more welcome meal was absoloutley beautiful compliments to chef and staff couldn't have been nicer the entertainment was great fun and although the room was basic was lovely and clean and nice and warm many thanks for lovely stay have recommended to all my friends

Room Tip: In courtyard lovely little rooms
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dundee, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

The coaching inn looks nothing like it does the paint falling off walls ,the garden is a mess i would not sit out there on the sunniest day the bed covers joined together with velcro the food was the only thing that was half decient the place was so dis organised would not recomend it at all

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Longforgan hotels

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

As a law abiding customer who has traveled all over the world and spent many nights in many hotels I have recieved horrendous customer service from this hotel. The strange part is I've never even stayed here!!!!!

I am being harassed by this hotel for the grand sum of £43. Someone going by a different name from me apparently stayed the night here and did not pay. Now I am being blamed. The only thing the hotel have is a telephone number. Which as I believe was given to them randomly, this telephone number happens to be mine.

Now I can not comment on the hotel itself but I can say the staff memeber or owner, he would not tell me which, who has been calling me is rude, cheeky, aggresive and threatening. The worst thing he has said to me has been: "we're going to find out where you live and send someone round there"

I have been so upset and annoyed by this that I felt the need to share it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Halifax, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I was suprised by the shabby exterior and poor state of repair but actually for the price it was ok.
The bed was a bit uncomfortabled but again we slept ok and the shower a bit small but we managed!
We werent disturbed by noise at all.
Breakfast at 9am on the Sunday and no problem checking out as others have mentioned.

If you need a value night then this will be ok for you!

Room Tip: We were upstairs and at the end and it was quiet so Id suggest that!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Most mains were £6.00 or 2 coarses for 8.75. The food was homemade and very tasty no frills but lots of it. We had just been hill walking and the large portions were ideal for a hungry person. The chicken fajitas were fab it came on a sizzler plate accompanied with a plate full of salad, chips, 3 wraps, colslaw, cheese and salsa... all for £6.00!
The decor is dated and not very inviting but the staff were very nice,polite and helpful.
If you are in the area and looking for somewhere to eat thats not expensive this is worth a visit.
The coffee was really nice too :)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dumfries, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

The Landlord could not have been more helpful. He gave us a room to accommodate my disabled friend that was ground floor with a wet room bathroom with a shower seat. All great for us.
The accommodation was good, with TV and complimentary tea/coffee. The room was quiet and we slept well.
The Landlord let us use his WiFi in the lounge bar free of charge, and our evening meal was excellent. Such good service and so friendly. What a great price!!!!

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room in the courtyard, this was quiet, and no stairs of course.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Longforgan Coaching Inn? Share your experiences!