“Good Stopover Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Erskine
Cupar
“Good Stopover Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night in order to go to a concert at the O2 Hydro in Glasgow. Our room and bed linen was spotlessly clean and we had a lovely view of the river Clyde from our bedroom window. There was the usual shampoo and bath/shower gel in the bathroom but no shower cap which is normally included with toiletries. We decided to have a meal in the bar area before going to the venue. It was a bad decision. We ordered fish and chips and after waiting
20 minutes for it to arrive we were told that they had run out of fish. We then had to re-order and wait for another 20 minutes for a mediocre bar meal to arrive. We were aware of at least three bus parties staying at the hotel so obviously they were not geared up for the volume of requests made for meals. Breakfast was acceptable though not outstanding but the kindness of the staff was very acceptable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Polish first
Scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Just spent four nights here over Christmas, being useful accommodation near to family. The beds are very comfortable, the room is clean and with just a little more care and attention to detail this hotel could be brilliant. Little things like a department store coathanger hanging on the shower curtain rail and the hook being detached from the back of the bathroom door, should have been noticed I feel. And why, oh why, when we returned to our room late at night was every single light in the room on. I thought the lights would go out when we took the key card out of the place by the door, but obviously not. We had turned the lights off when we left but obviously the housekeeper had turned them all on when she cleaned, and left them all on. It was like Blackpool illuminations when we returned at night, even before we put the key in the slot. Breakfast was ok, but someone needs to learn how to cook eggs. Staff generally very pleasant and for the money paid, the hotel is good value for money. I have always thought it a very ugly hotel on the outside, but I now know that it was deisgned to look like an oil rig!! Very out of place in that beautiful location, but maybe in the future, the design will seem iconic! Overall a good stay once again.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Came here with workmates for Xmas night out, unfortunately the meal was awful, we didn't let it spoil our night. We had been here previously 2 years ago and the food was great, it was good value for money, wouldn't say that this was the case this year!!! Very disappointed !!! Won't be booking to come back next year

• Stayed December 2013
Falkirk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

treated ourselves to an overnight stay here mainly because of the price!! great value for money nice hotel with nice views of the clyde. Nice large room above kitchen area so was some noise but nothing major Yeah it may need an upgrade as it is rather seventies looking but its all kept clean and tidy. Spa treatments worth a go good prices too with lovely swimming pool sauna and steam room and fab Jacuzzi. Nice staff and very helpful too bar area large and friendly and good food served if you don't want to go into the restaurant. All in all will deffo visit again

Room Tip: rooms over kitchen can be noisy but they do have the view of the bridge and river
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Stirling, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Originally booked the normandy hotel, received a call the night before stay to tell us to go to the erskine bridge hotel instead. On arrival quick easy check in, room clean and tidy, evening meal ok, staff pleasant. Only real difference from the normandy is there is no secure parking which my husband was not happy about as it's included in the price we paid for the normandy and was a bit wary of leaving the car, but when arrived back from holiday car was fine.

Glasgow
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Here is the email I sent to the hotel after our stay. I haven't received a response.

Hello

I felt I had to write and didn't want to make a fuss as our trip was a birthday treat for my partner.

We were booked to have a spa break on Sunday 8th December. On arrival we were told the pool was open until 20:30. On check in we weren't advised that both the jacuzzi and sauna were broken. The pool in fact closed 30 minutes earlier than advised and we were asked to leave the pool after 30 minutes. The chemicals in the pool were so strong the dye leaked from my daughters swimming costume.

The public toilets in the reception area are vile, scruffy and in dire need of repair/replacement.

The food in the bar was disgusting. Cheap frozen food, badly cooked and dishonestly described. We sent it back.

The decor in the corridor outside our room (6th floor) is horrific.

The bathmat in the room was disgusting.

The TV had no freeview, very surprising in 2013.

All in all a very disappointing experience and I shall be reporting all of these issues to Glasgow's Great Deal.

There are so many deals for lovely establishments on these deal websites I'm surprised you get away with such a poor offering.

I look forward to hearing from

Maybe I'll receive a response here ..... Oh and the photo of the spa here must have been taken about 10 years ago!

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
erskinegm, Manager at Erskine Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us here at the hotel. The hotel has replied to your complaint and we are now working to resolve this with you personally.

Kind regards,

Navjeet Purewal
Operations
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I stayed at the Erskine Bridge Hotel through work on 2nd and 3rd of December. I stay away in hotels during the week for work and I have to say that this is one of the best hotels I have stayed in a long time. Yes the hotel does need some updating but this is more than made up for by the staff friendliness and customer service. I must make a special mention to Lorna who went that extra mile when my car developed a puncture and was recovered to Kwik Fit, while I was asking how long taxis would take to get me from one place to another she offered to drop the keys into Kwik Fit, then texted me to say this was done and that a mechanic would call me to confirm the work that needed doing. This saved me a great deal of time and was a huge relief as I was rushing to get to work during rush hour. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough and will definitely be staying here again when next in Glasgow.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Been to Erskine Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!