“great way to start a holiday” 5 of 5 stars

Erskine Bridge Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Riverside, Erskine PA8 6AN, Scotland   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Erskine
Stevenston, United Kingdom
“great way to start a holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

This is the second time we have used this hotel as part of an airport parking package and have to say it is a great way to kick off your holiday.
Cost wise it is not much more expensive than parking at the airport and when you consider that dbb are included then it is excellent value for money.
Although it is certainly more expensive than the normal park and ride I have to say that the service provided for taking you to the airport and collecting you on your return is at least as good if not better than most offer.
The hotel has full leisure facilities which helps to relax you and get you in the holiday mood. Rooms are comfortable with meals very enjoyable.
Doubt if we will ever use the normal park and ride again.
For info it was booked through holiday extras and cost £80 in total with upto 15 days parking included.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
erskinegm, Manager at Erskine Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post comments on your stay and overall that you found this to be a great way to start to your holiday.

I am pleased that you found our park and fly package to be good value for money and that is exactly what we strive to offer our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Susan Craig

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011 via mobile

Delighted with our 2 night stay here. Modern room with great river views. Restarant food in evening delicious and breakfast plentiful in the morning. The staff deserve great praise.

Bouncy castle in play area was ideal for our 6 year old whilst we enjoyed a drink in residents bar.

If you like

• Stayed November 2011
We appreciate the time you took to review our hotel and I am pleased that your stay was positive and enjoyable.

The guest experience that you have described is what our team strive to deliver to every guest and I know that they will be most pleased when I share your review with them.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Falkirk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

I booked his hotel the night before we flew out to Tenerife for a 2 week holiday. The cost of £58.00 included 15 nights parking and transfers to and from Glasgow Airport (about 10 mins away).
The hotel was excellent value and was very nice indeed. We stayed on the 6th floor and the room was very nice and looked as though it had recently been upgraded. The bedding and towels in the bathroom were excellent quality and far superior to other budget hotels I have stayed in previously. I believe the whole hotel is undergoing a full refurbishment.
We booked in for dinner and it was reasonably priced and very nice. The bottle of red wine we had was really good and we actually ordered another to take to our room after the meal.
We booked an alarm call for the morning and right on time the night porter called us. All the staff were very friendly and could not do enough to help us.
Ignore the poor reviews I will definately stay again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

My stay was approximately 2 weeks ago. I was initially greeted by an extremely miserable and dry receptionist, who clearly had a prior commitment, looking for her shift to end - within the 4 minutes of my standing at the reception desk she had no interest in what I had to say and simply eyed the clock at least 6 times. The reception was clean, however it was extremely formal, cold and quite severe, a bit like a reception at an International Bank.

COLOURS IN THE CORRIDORS- WHY??!! I was on the 4th floor, that was ok, however, I initially noticed the 3rd floor because I shared the lift with other guests getting off there. I was somewhat relieved when the lift doors opened on the 4th to see my floor wasn't as bad. During my stay I did inbestigate the colours on all the floors and the worst is the 3rd: why in God's name would you paint a hotel corridor blood red? And not just the walls; the ceiling, walls and carpet are all blood red. My room was spottless (congrats on that!) and it was worth the amount I paid for the room, however, in the bathroom the bath panel is needing changed - wood starting to rot from water and condensation...DON'T USE CHEAP WOOD.

Evening: The evening dinner I had in the restaraunt was mediocre, nothing special and certainly not worth the money I paid for the meal. The restaraunt staff were ok, however, I could hear shouting and swearing coming from behind the kitchen doors - really wasn;t impressed by that. I had a better time in the bar were I chatted with some other guests over a nice pint, but again, nice contemporary bar and seats at the side with the formalness of the reception's tiled floors, tables and chairs creeping in to the bar area - not the way to do it; the bar should be carpeted.
Breakfast: I was greeted by a bunch of lovely women, had my continental bits first, no problem then the hot food: SACK THE BREAKFAST CHEF! It was quite possibly the worst breakfast I have ever had, I didn't even eat much of it: my links were not cooked properly, so I took a square sausage which was stoating hard; the bacon and scrambled egg had too much salt in them and the hash browns were rock hard - the only thing I ate were my beans and my two fried tomatoes. Very Dissapointed!

Overall, very poor apart from the room itself and its cleanliness.

Room Tip: Don't accept a room on the 3rd floor
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
erskinegm, Manager at Erskine Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, November 24, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We really do appreciate your feedback as this enables us to improve standards and provide guests with the best possible service and a comfortable stay.

Please be assured that we take all feedback seriously and if you would be able to contact me directly here at the hotel with your details and date of stay the issues raised will be fully investigated.

Southsea
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

I've stayed at the Erskine bridge many times over the last few years and despite the efforts being made to improve the rooms, it really has gone down hill. The rooms are a reasonable size and clean but the heating makes the rooms very stuffy. Opening the window merely results in a very cold draught and an awful lot of noise which seems to come from fans. Whilst we were staying, the hallways were being redecorated. The smell of paint was dreadful and there seemed to be no attempt to air the areas affected.
The car parking is inadequate and if you are forced to park on the grass, be prepared for a lot of mud and possibly needing a tow out.
The restaurant lacks atmosphere and whilst the menu might be ok for one night, for any longer it is both restricted and repetitious. There is no a la carte menu and the grill menu has a choice between chicken and beef. Breakfast is alright as long as you manage to miss the tour parties which decimate the buffet and cause massive delays, a problem if you are staying there on business. One of the best things about the hotel is the courtesy bus to their sister hotel, the Normandy which has an excellent restaurant with a varied and delicious menu.
The location is good, views lovely and the staff are charming. They try very hard to provide a good service but they cannot make up for the shortfalls.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from the bridge are quieter.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
I’m disappointed that aspects of your stay did not meet with your requirements and offer my most sincere apologies for this.

The hotel was undergoing some refurbishment work on guest floors during your stay and I am glad to report these have now been completed.

Thank you for your constructive feedback on our restaurant and we will always look at ways improving our guest experience here at The Erskine Bridge hotel. I am delighted to announce we have a new restaurant concept which we are looking to launch in the new year.

I would like to think that in the future we may be able to welcome you back to the hotel.

Beds
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

I use this hotel regularly for business and it's a bit of a mixed bag.

1. Reception - always busy as they have many coach parties in and often you have to queue to check in or out and get stuck behind various nationalities who don't always speak English (or Scottish!). Staff are friendly and polite.

2. Rooms - fine, many don't have wi-fi access (higher floors are better but it is free and good in the lobby) and the heating system is from the ark - cannot be turned off so the rooms are always hot but the windows open. Beds are big and comfortable and the showers are ok too. They have been updating the rooms and some now have flat screen TVs but the signal is poor and the freeview channels almost never work.

3. Food - buffet breakfast is great with loads of choice and hot, good quality food but beware the coach parties getting there first, best to go early if you are up but it's always fun watching what the Japanese make of porridge! Dinner menu is now limited (they have gone upmarket recently from the original nice menu) and the bar snacks are quite good. Never had room service so can't comment.

4. Location/parking - great for me, about 1/2 mie from work but it is about 15 minutes from the airport at busy times, it will be cheaper than the on airport hotels which are better though so it's a trade off. Location is nice, right by the river with great views of the Erskine Bridge if you are on the right side in your room. Parking is a lottery, they fill the car park with cars on a park and stay for the airport so it can get very full.

5. Overall - you get what you pay for but, for £50/night, it's not bad. It does need some money spending on it, the public areas are a bit tatty but the rooms are fine, the staff lovely and the food pretty good but it can get very busy. Don't expect too much for the money and you won't be dissapointed.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better wi-fi access, try and avoid being too near the lifts, they can be quite no...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

Stayed overnight for a girls weekend. Clean rooms food adequate, Pool clean. Staff helpful. Is an old 1970's hotel with some dodgy paint colours in the corridors but I have never stayed in a hotel because I liked the corridor colour. Will go back for the price.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Erskine Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!