Spent on night in this nice old hotel, great setting and views. Staff helpful and although there was some modernisation work going on, this did not affect our stay. Very busy when we arrived and it was difficult to park due to an afternoon function going on, quietened down when they left and we got parked near the front door. Had room in main building that was well furnished and clean. Took a dinner b and b package as there is no where in walking distance to eat elsewhere. Had a good meal within the £28 allowance and had £10 towards wine from the on line booking offer.
The peace was shattered a couple of times by the RAF training flights but that's ok. Shame the garden view was spoilt by the stripping down and removal of a massive tent.
Hotel would benefit its own leisure facilities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Leeming House is one of the finest 4-star Lake District hotels offering luxury and comfort in beautiful surroundings. Set in 22 acres of beautiful grand gardens in the countryside of Cumbria, our 200 year old country house hotel offers breathtaking scenery and fine facilities. With direct access to the shores of Ullswater and a private fishing licence, this hotel is a popular choice for family holidays, business and weddings. Macdonald Hotels' Lake District location in Ullswater offers the perfect retreat whether you're on a romantic break away, a business trip or exploring the surrounding countryside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Macdonald Leeming House, Ullswater reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Leeming House, Ullswater Hotel Penrith
- Macdonald Leeming Hotel Ullswater
- Macdonald Leeming Penrith