This is the fourth time my husband and I have stayed at Leeming House hotel over a period of about five years and have to say that the whole experience was again superb. We stayed at the beginning of July for 13 nights. The secluded location on Ullswater is ideal to act as a base for us to go fell walking, and the view from the terrace is nothing short of sublime. The staff are absolutely first rate and nothing is too much trouble. Arek was in charge as the manager was on leave for most of our stay and needs a special mention, he was fantastic!, highly professional and attentive. The food was excellent and the overall cost of the stay was very reasonable given the high quality service provided. This year we paid extra to have a queen sized bed which was well worth the upgrade.
We absolutely love this hotel and can't wait to book for next summer. The experience is as close to complete relaxation as one can ask for. Wonderful!
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Leeming House, Ullswater Hotel
- Macdonald Leeming House, Ullswater Hotel Penrith
- Macdonald Leeming Hotel Ullswater
- Macdonald Leeming Penrith
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Leeming House is ideally located for exploring the beautiful Lake District countryside. Set in 22 acres of grand gardens and woodland, this 200-year-old country house hotel boasts direct access to the shores of Ullswater and a private fishing license. Offering exclusive use to large parties, a 3AA Rosette award-winning restaurant, plus a helipad and a dedicated events coordinator, this Ullswater hotel is the ideal setting for a romantic wedding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Macdonald Leeming House, Ullswater reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.