We had a really nice night at the Rampsbeck. The hotel is lovely and in a gorgeous location. We were a little put off on arrival. Not sure they are used to people turning up on motorcycles and the receptionist seemed a bit sniffy - e.g. everyone in front of us at reception was offered help with their bags but we weren't. Staff even watched my husband struggling with heavy bags without offering to help. We had booked the Dinner, B&B package which included the "best available room". However, I can't believe that they were so full that the room we were given was the best available! I think we were given the basic room or even "worst available". There was nothing wrong with it and the bathroom was nice and big with a heated floor but the room itself was small, it had a very small window with a poor view.
However, the food was fantastic as was the service before, during and after the meal. (Even opening up the terrace and putting out warmed cushions so my husband could smoke after the meal.)
Similarly the breakfast was good as was the service.
My only comment on the service was that the same member of staff was there last thing at night in the bar and first in the morning for breakfast - this is a sign of a hotel that is not treating its staff well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rampsbeck has welcomed guests as a Hotel since 1947. From the word 'go', Rampsbeck was the best of Hotels, spoiling guests with the finest of four star decoration and luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Rampsbeck Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rampsbeck Country Hotel
- Country Hotel House Rampsbeck
- Rampsbeck Country Penrith