Firstly, beware that 'sat navs' will take you round in circles trying to find this place and road signage is poor. When you do get there, the staff are pleasant enough, but the place smells slightly damp and the decor is 20 years out of date, it is not a welcoming reception area. The room that I had made me feel like I was in a mobile home (no offence meant to mobile home owners btw), it was small, untidy, cramped with an old creaky pine bed and tiny bathroom, all for £90!!!
The food was at best average too. I would not recommend this hotel for people who might have problems with access, the corridors are like rabbit warrens and the stairs are quite steep too.
All in all, like a few Best Western Hotels that I've stayed in, this is very poor compared to modern day standards.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As you make your way up the sweeping drive in you will be greeted with a welcoming approach of flowers gardens and rockeries, seated terraces, cascading streams and pools. The hotel itself is Tudor in style and the entrance is modern and allows you to get a taste of what we have on offer. Set in the heart of Lancashire overlooking the Rossendale Valley. Quaint in its setting and modern in its internal decoration, our hotel is warm and friendly and situated perfectly for all your relaxation needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline and Despegar.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN Old Mill Hotel, Ramsbottom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Mill Hotel And Leisure Club
- BEST WESTERN Old Mill Hotel, Ramsbottom Bury