We didn't want to risk staying in the centre of a Bury so found this lovely place on last minute.com. Overall experience for the stay was lovely. It is a little difficult to find as not well sign posted, it took us 2 attempts even with 'sat nav', but once found is situated in a quiet secluded location. This place has plenty of quirky charm but has a modern functioning leisure facility with a small but well stocked gym and a fabulous health suite consisting of sauna, steam room, dinky swimming pool and jacuzzi with subtle lighting giving a warm relaxing ambiance. The twin room we had was at the back and provided a peaceful quiet night despite the Gala evening entertainment the hotel had booked for the night up until 1:30. The room was clean with modern furnishings and suitably equipped with the basic hospitalities. My only negative was that we were not fore warned about the expensive breakfast. The restaurant was small but clean and neat and the young lady who greeted us (spoke with broken English) did not make it clear what exactly was on offer, nor were we offered a menu. I therefore listed my choice of obvious cooked items and once we had ordered coffee, then helped ourselves to juice and fruit, we're told that as we were on room rate only the breakfast would be £15 per head. Although we thought this expensive for a standard breakfast it was beautifully cooked and tasty. I was very disappointed that once served, we were not approached again either to ask if everything was satisfactory or wanted more coffee or toast, which considering the cost, should have been standard practice. I later learned that my favorite item of black pudding was also on offer but I was not made aware of that. We would go again based in the 'lastminute.com' room rate and to give it another go.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Mill Hotel And Leisure Club
- BEST WESTERN Old Mill Hotel, Ramsbottom Bury
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As you make your way up the sweeping drive in you will be greeted with a welcoming approach of flowers gardens and rockeries, seated terraces, cascading streams and pools. The hotel itself is Tudor in style and the entrance is modern and allows you to get a taste of what we have on offer. Set in the heart of Lancashire overlooking the Rossendale Valley. Quaint in its setting and modern in its internal decoration, our hotel is warm and friendly and situated perfectly for all your relaxation needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Venere and Agoda so you can book your BEST WESTERN Old Mill Hotel, Ramsbottom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.