“weekend at Ramsbottom” 4 of 5 stars

BEST WESTERN Old Mill Hotel, Ramsbottom
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Springwood Street, Ramsbottom, Bury BL0 9DS, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 50% off stays!
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ramsbottom
York, United Kingdom
“weekend at Ramsbottom”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Very friendly, clean and good size room. Set in a quiet area but only minutes walk into Ramsbottom. Breakfast was very tasty and varied, my wife has to have gluten free food and they looked after her dietery needs very well. We only stayed one night so did not manage their other facilities but if we go back to that area we will certainly go back there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Hayley_Shephard, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Old Mill Hotel, Ramsbottom, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review on Trip advisor. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we met your expectations with your wife's dietary needs. We hope to see you in the future where you can make use of all the facilities.

Warm regards
Vicky Mcleod

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Every Hotel Manager should visit the Metropole in Blackpool, and the Old Mill in Ramsbottom. They will then know how to get everything wrong, (at the Metropole) and everything right (at the Old Mill). Great, welcoming smart and friendly staff throughout. Clean spacious and quiet rooms and excellent breakfast cooked to order. We have just visited for the 1940's weekend and we will definitely be back again next year.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hayley_Shephard, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Old Mill Hotel, Ramsbottom, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Customer,

Thank you very much for your positive response on Trip advisor. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and it exceeded your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

jeddah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 5 nights on a business trip, rooms were ok a bit small and the hotel is a bit dated, a good luck of paint could sort it out. My room was ok apart from the single bed I had to endure and the walls are paper thin so every noise next door was heard including toilet trips. If you have a room above the swimming pool get it changed as even with the hearing off the room was like a furnace with the heat from the pools. The Internet was very poor and most of the time I couldn't get on thank god for 3G. The food was ok a bit pricey for a hotel of this standard so I ate out most nights. Overall an ok stay in an area with limited places to stay.

• Stayed May 2013
Hayley_Shephard, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Old Mill Hotel, Ramsbottom, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Customer,
I am sorry to hear the Best Western Old Mill Hotel did not meet your expectations on this visit. I apologize that you found your small and the WiFi connection did not have good signal the problem has now been rectified. I am disappointed that you found the restaurant menu did not meet your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again in the future and hope that your stay is more enjoyable.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Note- difficult to find the place! The tomtom kept taking us to the wrong road. We ended up having to ask directions. Once we had arrived, the hotel is pretty and set in a lovely garden ( as i had arrived on business with my manager, was unable to enjoy that part!). I was in room 31, which was twin single. The room was clean, as was the bathroom (apart from the bathroom bin hadn't been emptied from previous occupants). Although the room could do with an update in decor; i had a pleasant comfortable night, no noises or distractions. I really liked the idea of the lavender mist spray which was recommended to spray prior to sleeping, which i did and this was nice. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Breakfast is served buffet style, with the option to order eggs/ toast etc. which for both days, food was brought quickly and on warm plates!. Same with the evening meals, large portions and the food did not take ages to come. Overall okay hotel for the price, intend to stay again for business needs/work or when visiting family, with shops close by and a supermarket walking distance, close to city centre. Probably not for a family holiday though

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Customer,
Thank you for your review on the Best Western Old Mill hotel, i am glad that you enjoyed the facilities and i am pleased that you found the staff to be very friendly and very helpful. I am sorry that you did not enjoy the gardens but i hope next time you will get chance to enjoy them.

Rossendale, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I have attended several functions at this hotel and stayed overnight and it is really a very nice hotel with good staff and excellent food, so I decided to join the hotel's leisure centre as I live quite close to the centre, I was introduced by a friend and was actually quite shocked when I saw the ladies changing rooms, they are a disgrace. The carpeted floor area is not too bad but the tiled floors are very dirty, some of the lockers don't even lock, there has been a light missing in the shower cublicle next to the toilet for months making it very dark, (recently been replaced just before hotel inspection) the showers - don't even go in there, there is mould and grease on the tiles in the shower cublcle, when you look on the floor area of the cublcles they have thick black scum around the drain area. This drain runs along the slanting floor to the other cublices to oe that has been closed for weeks, apparently the drain is blocked. One lady had a worm crawlng over her foot while showering, another has complained of a slug crawling up the tiles in the cublicle, both reported to staff and management, but very little has been done to clean up this area. They did have a panic clean just before the inspection, but they are so un-hygenic they need the tiles blasted with an industrial steam cleaner, but even that may not even be enough. Now the the swimming pool area, I do shower before I go into pool but always wear flip flops as the drain is very slow in emptying and you are usually stood in the previous persons shower water, not very nice. The blue plastic wall in the pool is filthy, especially at the deep end, I usually mark it with X crosses with my fingers, the concrete tiles near the steps (shower end) have green mould where the grout should be, the steps are rusty and very greasy, again you can write in the grease just above the water line, the bottom step rocks when you stand on it, as it is very rusty on one side. I do still attend in the hope that it will be cleaned and the complaints from the ladies (nearly everyone who uses them complains) will eventually be listened too by the owners, as it is so very local and I do not drive, I just make sure that I never use the showers or walk on my bear feet. It is such a shame that you let yourselves down so very badly. I have only been a member for a few months but the cleanliness has not improved during my time as a member. One lady member is getting to the point of reporting this to the enviromental health. It is time to get this sorted!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Customer,
I am pleased that the hotel meets your expectations, i am very disappointed to hear that the leisure club does not if you could please call me to discuss this matter and help rectify it, it would be much appreciated on 01706 82 2991.

Aalen, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I've stayed at the Old Mill hotel due to a business trip to Ramsbottom.

Pluses:
What I liked at the hotel, is that it's quite near to the Ramsbottom inner city. With a 5 minutes walk you're already in the center. The service is quite good and normally fulfills every demand. For those who want to relax after working, the hotel offers a fitness room with cardio and muscle training facilites as well as a pool and a sauna. For Germans the sauna may be a little bit unusual because it seems that the British just heat their saunas up to 45°C instead of our normal 90°C. The facilities are open until 10 pm, what gives enough time to do a proper training after work.
The restaurant is also quite nice and offers normal food like fish and chips, burgers and sandwiches but also some non-commen things like frog legs - which are quite delicious by the way.

Minuses:
What I did not like is that the main WiFi point broke down two times for at least 6 hours, so I had a little bit problems to connect to the internet.

Room Tip: When the WiFi point with the best connectivity should break down during your stay you can solve this...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Customer,
I am glad that you enjoy staying with us at the Best Western Old Mill Hotel, i am pleased that you made use of our leisure facilities and enjoyed them. I am also pleased that the restaurant exceeded your expectations. I am sorry that you found connecting to the WiFi difficult on the nights that you stayed, the problem has now been rectified. We hope to see you again in the future.

York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at The Old Mill recently as a friend was holding his Birthday party in the function room there; we were really happy with our room - clean, comfortable - nice big double bed and plenty of tea, coffee and biscuits - little details that you don't always get nowadays but that help make your stay a bit nicer I think!
We were pleasantly surprised to find an iron and ironing board in our room - no need to ring reception and/or go and collect one to iron our party clothes! The rooms also have hair dryers and TVs, so basically everything you need.
The food was really good too - we had a lovely hot buffet as part of the party and breakfast the next morning was really good quality - no fatty bacon and sausages here, looked like proper butcher's fare - scrambled eggs lovely, not dried out like some places!
All in all, really good quality and good value - would recommend and have done so to the in-laws going over that way.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hayley_Shephard, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Old Mill Hotel, Ramsbottom, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Customer,
Thank you for writing a review on trip advisor, i would like to thank you for your comments,m i am glad everything exceeded your expectations whilst staying at the Best Western Old Mill Hotel from food to cleanliness. We hope to see you again soon.

Vicky McLeod

Been to BEST WESTERN Old Mill Hotel, Ramsbottom? Share your experiences!