“Would love to eat here every week!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Broxton
Cuisines: English
Darlington, United Kingdom
“Would love to eat here every week!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We were staying at Carden Park, just down the road and wanted somewhere different to eat on a Sunday evening. I booked online, but it took a few days to get a confirmation through. By then, I wanted to change the time from lunch to dinner, which was done by return of email, with a friendly and helpful message.

When we arrived, the restaurant was very busy and our table wasn't ready. However, we were made to feel extremely welcome and were directed to a reserved table in the car area where we were offered drinks and menus. After a comfortable 10 minutes or so, we were shown to our table.

The rest of the evening went without a hitch, The food was delicious, the staff were really helpful and genuinely friendly and keen to help. There were 6 of us eating and every dish was equally tasty and well presented.

The décor was modern and attractive, but the best bit by far was the toilet décor! It was a real talking point! Without giving too much away, the ladies' is very glam with a farmyard theme, and the gents' is very amusing with a cow theme. (I only saw a photo- I didn't actually go in!).

This restaurant, it was agreed by all, has to be one of the best we have ever eaten in. I would love to eat here again. It's just a shame it's so far from home.

I would recommend the Cock O Barton to anyone who likes tasty food, excellent service and a relaxed atmosphere.

• Visited May 2014

• Polish first
chester
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Just attended a wedding there (in fact it's still going on) and felt compelled to say how amazing the food and service was. Outstanding!! From the nibbles to the dessert it was perfectly cooked and absolutely delicious. I think it may have been the best food I've ever eaten!! Service was brilliant and I really want to thank the waitress of our table (Valencia) who very thoughtfully after I had told her I was driving did not offer more wine (apart from toast) but regularly topped me up with the water of the table which she didn't really have to but made me feel part of the drinkers. Thankyou so much for an excellent day and we will most certainly be back again.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

The food, service and ambience of this bar / restaurant are excellent. The staff are very welcoming and attentive. Highly recommended.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Avoid 1234 Theme Night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Tonight was my second visit whilst the 1234 offer was on. USA was the theme but unfortunately by 8pm we were told they were out of beef burgers! Extremely disappointed as this was the main reason for going. Our substitute was chicken burger, not so American. Staff are consistently friendly and helpful but I am afraid service a bit slow today.

In future although a good promotional deal the 1234 will not be on top of my list.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
cheshire united kingdom
“Very relaxing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Beautiful inside and out. Very relaxing atmosphere. Service and staff were excellent.I took an elderly lady for lunch and we were taken to a quite area with very comfortable seats. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble for them. Will definitely return. Keep up good work

• Visited May 2014