“A pleasure to visit !” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: English
Chester, United Kingdom
“A pleasure to visit !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Love the atmosphere and comfortable surroundings and the staff are pleasant and helpful. My latest visit was mid-week lunch with friends. The food was excellent - including chefs own freshly made bread and mayonnaise !
Looking forward to my next visit - which will be in a few weeks time for my birthday with family !!

• Polish first
Chester, United Kingdom
“Great food Great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

I recently visited the Cock O Barton with one of my sons. We wanted somewhere relaxed with something tasty to eat and tried this restaurant. We had a friendly welcome, struggled to choose just one thing from a great range on the menu, and were really pleased with our choices. The service was friendly without being overbearing, and we had a really enjoyable evening - definitely will return.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“I'd give more than 5 if I could...a gem of a wedding venue.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

My partner (now husband!) and I got married at the Cock O' Barton on june 23rd- we couldn't of asked for anything more. Not only is the venue gorgeous, but the food (which each guest had a choice of) was outstanding and the staff bent over backwards to meet my (sometimes bridezillarish) requests. All our guests commented on the service and the food and how different it was to typical wedding venues. I'm gutted it's all over but know we'll be back without doubt for our anniversaries! Oh and the value for money was amazing...no hidden charges, what you buy is what you pay for- there were no daft room hire charges or 'wedding menus' that were 3 times the cost of a standard menu.

wales
“dissapointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Went here with a group of work friends,we go out for tea once a month and take it in turns to choose the venue.There was no atmosphere here at all we felt outsiders and unwelcome.The food although nice was extremely overpriced.If they want to do well in the current market then they need to brush up on there people skills and rethink the pricing,one place we wont be rushing back to.

Visited June 2012
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
“A pub with the WOW factor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Having lived in the area for 16 years, I remember the way the Cock O Barton used to look. Since its referb a few years ago, it's gone from strength to strength. From the moment you walk through the door, you are made welcome and you are spoilt for choice as to where to sit - all sorts of interesting parts of the pub and restaurant - all with a different feel to it. Then you have the menu - once again, spoilt for choice! Varied, all locally sourced and prepared and served with attention to every detail. Beautiful food, friendly staff and even the loos have the wow factor...

• Visited February 2012