I was at Headlam Hall with 8 friends (all women) . We arrived at lunch time, the food was lovely, not big portions but enough to enjoy.
We had the use of the spa for the afternoon. The swimming pool is lovely , sauna too, but the best was the outdoor jacuzzi, even though it was windy and raining.
My room was Holly in the coach house. It had a double bed and a single. The room was lovely though one window looked out upon a roof and the other looked over to the side of the spa building. That did not bother me , it was dark and I closed the curtains.The shower was great.
We went for our evening meal which was lovely in the Olive room.
We then went to sit in front of a roaring log fire to have a couple of drinks.
I went up to my bed and was woken up at 5.30 a.m. by the air conditioning unit which was bolted on to my bedroom wall. It vibrated and buzzed I reported it in the feed back form.
Appart from the rude awakening, I cannot find fault with the Hotel, spa , food service and building. I would love to go back ! I could get used to a life like that !!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A four-star country house hotel with luxury spa and golf course. Set in beautiful gardens and surrounded by open countryside making an ideal rural retreat. Restaurant serving award winning 2 AA rosette food made with local produce and friendly professional service. Independent family owned and run hotel and farm. North East Small Hotel of the Year 2009/10. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Headlam Hall Hotel Spa & Golf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Headlam Hall Hotel Spa And Golf
- Headlam Hall Darlington
- Headlam Hall Hotel Darlington
- Headlam Hall Hotel Spa & Golf County Durham