We were lucky enough to be given a residential spa stay as a gift and had an incredible time. I have stayed and/or eaten at Headlam on other occasions but this was our first time using the spa facilities.
We were greeted at 10am on Good Friday morning by a lovely lady whose name I missed unfortunately. Our room was available which was a bonus and what a lovely room it was, very comfortable and spotlessly clean, we changed into dressing gowns and popped back downstairs to have coffee and bacon sandwiches which were lovely. The layout of the spa is excellent, separated from the main hall and designed in such a way that you can come and go up one flight to your room as you please, have your lunch in the spa brasserie and attend your treatments all without leaving the decadent comfort of your waffle robe! A locker is provided with additional robe towels and slippers and an efficient welcome note informing you of your per booked treatment times. The outdoor jacuzzi is small but wonderful on a frosty morning which it was, the steam and sauna were lovely as was the pool. The whole place is calm, serene and nothing is a problem for the excellent staff.
Our facial and back massages were gorgeous and the whole day was enforced rest for us, telephone signal is poor which was a plus! ( though free wifi was excellent).
Our pre ordered lunch was excellent and again the staff very helpful.
In the evening we dressed and went for dinner in the main restaurant, the roaring fires and atmosphere in the old hall are great, the food was exceptional and the service and staff all very good, Sam is a real asset, she happily made menu recommendations which were very much enjoyed and without exception the staff are happy in their work, smiling and attentive.
After a very peaceful nights sleep ( regardless that a wedding party was taking place) we enjoyed a lovely breakfast and left vowing to treat ourselves to this again as soon as possible.
Simply couldn't fault it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A four-star country house hotel with luxury spa and golf course. Set in beautiful gardens and surrounded by open countryside making an ideal rural retreat. Restaurant serving award winning 2 AA rosette food made with local produce and friendly professional service. Independent family owned and run hotel and farm. North East Small Hotel of the Year 2009/10. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, LateRooms, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Headlam Hall Hotel Spa & Golf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Headlam Hall Hotel Spa And Golf
- Headlam Hall Darlington
- Headlam Hall Hotel Darlington
- Headlam Hall Hotel Spa & Golf County Durham