As you turn into the drive you pass along the side of the Leyhill prison (which isn't at the top of your list of things to see on a relaxing getaway)! However I can honestly say that this is the only time you will see it, you can't tell it's there!
The grounds are lovely and ideal for a pre-dinner drink, they are very peaceful considering there location ( a stones throw from the M5).
The night we stayed there was at least 3 functions, a wedding, a company party and a birthday, apart from the orangery restaurant being out of action (for the wedding) you would have hardly guessed there was anything happening there.
Our room (a superior) was very big and more than ample for a one night stay.
On the downside, for the size of the hotel the the leisure facilities are not big enough, however there is everything you need there. It is like a maze. The waiting staff at dinner were slightly disorganised and the food was nothing to write home about.
All in all I think it would be worth going for a relaxing weekend. Good without being special!
- Also Known As:
- Tortworth Court 4 Pillars Hotel
- Court Hotel Tortworth
- Tortworth Court
- Tortworth Court Hotel
- Tortworth Court Four Pillars Hotel Gloucestershire
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This magnificent Cotswolds country house hotel is situated in a stunning South Gloucestershire location, conveniently near to Bristol. A grade II* listed Victorian mansion, Tortworth Court Four Pillars Hotel offers all the grandeur of an elegant Cotswold's hotel alongside the hotel facilities of a premier four star hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Tortworth Court Four Pillars Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.