This old house has been put to good use as a hotel - and on the face of it, Four Pillars do a fair job...but there's just something 'lacking':
The service is fine - but not brilliant.
The room was ok, but not outstanding (a bit drab, uncomfortable bed and tired old bathroom with no sparkle).
The evening meal we had was, to be fair, very good - especially as there was a large party of us to feed.
Breakfast however was disappointing - self service buffet does not suit this type of hotel if they are aspiring to be job of their game.
The bar prices are very high - most hotels charge a bit more but the prices here are unjustifiably more akin to 4 and 5 star central London hotels.
Overall it was 'ok'. We aren't about to rush back as there isn't anything special enough and, although we wouldn't advise against staying here, we're not likely to recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This magnificent Cotswolds country house hotel is situated in a stunning South Gloucestershire location, conveniently near to Bristol. A grade II* listed Victorian mansion, Tortworth Court Four Pillars Hotel offers all the grandeur of an elegant Cotswold's hotel alongside the hotel facilities of a premier four star hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, LateRooms, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Tortworth Court Four Pillars Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tortworth Court 4 Pillars Hotel
- Court Hotel Tortworth
- Tortworth Court Hotel
- Tortworth Court Four Pillars Hotel Gloucestershire