Stayed for 3 nights to celebrate a family wedding - the wedding was elsewhere in the area but the hotel served as a good base for the family to gather. This meant that we saw several of the rooms and stayed during quiet and very busy times.
This is a large hotel and not really "our sort of place". It was lovely during the week when it was fairly quiet, but at the weekend it got very busy due to several weddings being held - it did seem as though they catered for more than one wedding in a day, which wouldn't be my idea of an exclusive service.
At the weekend, breakfast became a bit of a scrum and service suffered due to the sheer number of people to be seated and served. On our final day we waited a long time for an anaemic cup of tea and pretty much gave up on breakfast, as it was not a relaxing experience at all.
We saw several of the rooms, and the quality is variable. If you have the option I would recommend upgrading from the standard room as several that I saw were little better than a Travel Inn. Also, think about what you want from your stay and make requests to suit you. We wanted quiet rooms away from the functions and we were accommodated but the trade-off was the rooms were fairly soul-less and quite a walk from the facilities. Other people in the party were housed in the beautiful main house, but hot rooms and more noise offset the romantic locations.
The views from the rooms are also a bit hit and miss - two couples paid the same price for the same category of room and one overlooked the beautiful grounds, another overlooked the less impressive car park!!
One thing that was universal and really stood out was the quality of the staff. They had an excellent customer manner - the right balance of friendly and professional - and tried to accommodate all of our requests. They looked after the dietary requirements of our party better than any other establishment that we have experienced – going out of their way to ensure no allergens were consumed and altering dishes where necessary.
All in all, the hotel was very good during the week but I did not feel that they could maintain their high standards of service when they got busier at the weekend. I was glad that we experienced the weekday service as otherwise this review would have been a lot less complimentary!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This magnificent Cotswolds country house hotel is situated in a stunning South Gloucestershire location, conveniently near to Bristol. A grade II* listed Victorian mansion, Tortworth Court Four Pillars Hotel offers all the grandeur of an elegant Cotswold's hotel alongside the hotel facilities of a premier four star hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Tortworth Court Four Pillars Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tortworth Court 4 Pillars Hotel
- Court Hotel Tortworth
- Tortworth Court Hotel
- Tortworth Court Four Pillars Hotel Gloucestershire