“Tired and dated. Don't wait for Basil, he's already packed up and gone!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Almondsbury Interchange Hotel

You added Almondsbury Interchange Hotel to your Saves list
Almondsbury Interchange Hotel
Gloucester Road, Almondsbury BS32 4AA, England   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Almondsbury
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
“Tired and dated. Don't wait for Basil, he's already packed up and gone!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Didn't get what I paid for. Daughter paid same amount for a room at Cribbs Causeway Premier Inn. I got the very short straw. Might have been good in the 60's/70's but tired and dated now. A previous reviewer said "waiting for Basil" I say "don't bother" as he has already packed up and moved on.

The stair carpet was threadbare, the hall had a strange aroma. The room was small and airless (daughter had air con) and the ensuite, ewwww..... The toilet pan was badly stained and the shower tiles and grouting were covered in orange mould. I went over to Cribbs and used my daughters shower next morning!

Described as 500 yards from Aztec West and Cribbs Causeway I'm sure that Seb Coe or Steve Cram would have questioned the distance! Mo farrow would have been more comfortable!!!

On the plus side the bedding was clean. I wasn't brave enough to look at the saggy mattress.

Give this one a miss unless you are on a very short shoestring. If you can get it for under £30 then you could say "you got what you paid for."? More than this, then you, like me was robbed,

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Decided to stay here after deciding to visit family at short notice and the Premier Inn at Alveston was full. Now I can see why. The car park is the worst I have ever seen. No marking for spaces so guests just park wherever, which reduces the amount of cars that can park. No disabled bays which is disappointing. On arrival at reception the lady told us we were on the top floor right at the back even though I requested a ground floor room as my wife is disabled this was not going to happen. After much swapping around she managed to change our room to a ground floor room.
The room was very dated and the furniture too big for the room. The bathroom was tired and worn. The toilet had a chunk out of it and so did the soap tray over the bath. The whole bathroom stank of mold and hotter than a sauna. The room itself over looked a small enclosed court yard and had an old bike and bits of broken chairs and machines in. The beds where like sleeping on water beds that's how soft they were and that's if you could sleep as you could hear everything from the rooms each side and above. At one point I thought the 70's light fitting was going to come off the ceiling that's how bad it was shaking.
The breakfast was included in the room price and was only a continental but very limited. You could have a cooked breakfast for an extra £2 but what I saw looked hard.
The staff do not make eye contact and you have to speak to them and then they might decide to speak.
They say Travelodge is a faceless budget hotel but I have found this to be much much worse. Take my advice only stay here if all other hotels are full.

• Stayed August 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stay at this hotel at least four times a year, and I feel that it gets some unfair reviews. That being said we have had some mishaps, but they always get rectified . It is perfect location for M4/M5. It is like an old 60,s Motel, some rooms are tired , some are updated, but always clean bedding. The food is okay, nothing special. I find the staff do their job! Not always with a smile though.. I have always booked this last minute, so never paid more than £30 pounds, and for that reason I think it is good value. Would never entertain paying £50 . If on a budget , give it a go , I have stayed in a lot worse.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Liverpool, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

this hotel would not have ben booked had we not been going to a wedding 50 feet away, the hotel defo needs updating but the room was clean and beds were fresh but not too comfortable the staff were pleasant on reception as were the cleaning staff and breakfast staff were kind and quick, cant say the the bar staff wanted to be there, the menu isnt great but the meal we had was hot tasty and presented well. the bar staff could possibly talk to customers to encourage a nicer atmosphere while having your evening meal,
this hotel is a cheap cheerful place where you get what you expected, nothing to right home about would suit business travel on a shoe string,

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Leicester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

For the price we paid which was £50 for the first three nights and £75 for the last night I would rather have gone somewhere else. Also I think this place has been running since the 60s/70s as everything is so old and seriously needs upgrading and decorating. Even the wall paintings are started to fade in our room. But the worse thing about this place is that when you go for a number 2, the toilet does not flush the entire contents down due the toilet being old and only flushes for a second where as if you try your own toilet it flushes for a good 4 seconds. The staff are quite miserable too when we arrived and left they did not even say please or thank you and as we were leaving they did not even say good bye.

You decide whether this place is good or not? I know I have……

I have done a bigger review but could not post it all on here so please go to google maps and find the hotel and then look at reviews and you will see my main review!

Room Tip: There is a pub next door...it looks cleaner and about the same price....plus the food is good
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
warsash
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

All the other reviews are correct. You should avoid this place at all costs.

Rooms tired, dated, noisy and smelly.

Staff miserable and unhelpful.

The meals are a joke. The menu in the run-down bar comprised 5 items. One of which, when we ordered, was off. We were told it was because they hadn't received their food delivery.

Breakfast was "included" in the price of the room. But at breakfast, we were told to have a cooked breakfast it would cost 2 pounds more. We paid up and had a nasty microwaved disaster placed in front of us.

The previous night, we had stayed in a delightful country inn for the same price as this place.

Avoid.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Oundle, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

The staff are friendly, helpful and welcoming - and our breakfast was good. However, that's the end of the plus points. This place is in serious need of some investment - it doesn't seem to have had much (any?) money spent on it since the 1970s. The bathroom in our room was old, dirty and (literally) held together by string - see the photo. The paintwork throughout was in need of a good wash down (see the photo) and the carpets, cupboards and fittings are very tired. The sheets were clean, but our mattress had seen way too much of life - more like a hammock; we did NOT sleep well. We couldn't get the TV to work; there was no wireless in the room - and (worst of all!) no hand pulled beer in the bar. We went next door to The Swan, which stocks an excellent range of well-kept beers.
At nearly twice the price of the Travelodge we stayed at the following night, this hotel is not even good value. Not recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Almondsbury Interchange Hotel? Share your experiences!