“Good conference facilities” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Good conference facilities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Good location off the m4 & m5. We used both sides off the Cotswold suite and foyer outside and this worked well. Car park is not big enough so check there will be spaces for larger meetings and the hotel charges some for parking and not others so check this also.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ShireHotels, Chris Hill - General Manager at Bristol Aztec Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Many thanks for your lovely comments about our facilities. We offer competitive car parking rates with complimentary parking on weekends as well as 2 hours free for the first 2 hours during the week. For packages and prices please do feel free to contact anyone of the conference.

Chris Hill - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We have stayed at both the Solent Hotel in Hampshire and the Aztec Hotel before but unfortunately this time we were left quite disappointed with the Aztec. We took the option to have dinner in the restaurant and breakfast the following morning. We opted for a 1830 slot for dinner as we have an seven year old daughter. We really are not picky dinners but felt like we were being served in a café instead of a restaurant in a four star hotel. Our main course arrived some 40mins after our starters had been cleared and my cutlery was what can only be described as thrown in front of me. My daughters pasta dish looked as if it had been left under the heat lamp for some time and was disappointed with the portion size of our main meals.

On arriving in the restaurant for breakfast the following morning we were offered coffee and toast but unfortunately we had completely finished our breakfast before having to ask a member of staff if our toast and coffee would be coming any time soon.

The hotel itself did no let us down, we really enjoyed the room and the leisure facilities which is one of the reasons we like the Solent and Aztec. We also thought the cookie and milk before bedtime was a lovely touch, although my daughter ended up missing this due to the delay in the restaurant.

One thing that always appeals to us in a hotel is somewhere that we can relax and dine under one roof but unfortunately we did not come away feeling satisfied on this occasion

All of the comments above were passed to the reservation desk on our departure. We were told by the staff at the desk that the Manager would contact us by phone or email but have yet to hear anything.

To sum up,I would visit the Hotel again but would dine elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
I'm so sorry to hear that your stay with us was not up to our usual standard. I have passed your comments on to the relevant managers and I can assure you that your comments have been taken on board. We are always looking at how we can improve the stay for all our guests and on the back on that we are currently taking a special look at how the experience of the children staying can be improved. This will be implemented over the coming weeks so i do hope that you will return to the Aztec at some point in the not too distant future.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We were looking for a hotel for the easter holidays and we booked this hotel, unsure of what it was going to be like. It turned out to be a great gamble, they met all of our room requirements because we asked for two rooms close together and that is what we got.
They took care and offered us everything that was possible(Milk and cookies for the kids, a newspaper)and it was all complimentary.
Both rooms were spacious, good comfortable bed, tea and coffee facilities with different teas, coffees and biscuits. A good selection of channels on the tv, soft white robes, a great shower, lovey thick towels, trouser press and iron. Even though the hotel was situated close to the road, you couldn't hear the traffic.
They had excellent spa facilities with a good gym, swimming pool with steam room, sauna and jacuzzi they also offered spa treatments.
The breakfast was great, everything you could think of was on offer and everything was fresh.
All of the staff were really friendly and couldn't do enough for you.
They also have a number of meeting rooms.
I also filled out a comment card in the hotel and I got a response in the post which was good because you know that your comment has been read and discussed.
So it doesn't matter who you are, what you are travelling for, this is a great hotel. I will definately be
returning.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ShireHotels, Chris Hill - General Manager at Bristol Aztec Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
I am very happy to hear you had such a wonderful time with us. We aim to provide first class facilities and high standards with all the comforts and flexibility of home and I am glad that this was met. Your comments will be passed on to the team and I hope to welcome you back to the Aztec very soon.

Borehamwood, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed in the Aztec Hotel during the October half term 2012.
Had two twin bedded rooms as they did not have king size bed bedrooms.
rooms only slightly bigger than average hotel rooms. Bathroom also ok - nothing special.
Hotel rated as 4 star 80% (AA) so did have expectations of something a little above the rest.
Staff very pleasant . Breakfast a good quality buffet. Had Dinner B&B package which was good value. Dinner was of good-high standard. On reflection due to the high AA rating was hoping for better - but what there is on offer is very good . Spa swimming pool also nice size and good equipped changing rooms. Sauna and Jacuzzi available.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
ShireHotels, Chris Hill - General Manager at Bristol Aztec Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback; I hope we can welcome you back to the Aztec soon.

Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Only stayed on business and this was over a number of years. Always good customer service on arrival. Great rooms. Plenty of parking spaces. Good location. Quite pricey but good offers if you are flexible.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
I'm glad to hear that you have enjoyed your time with us over the years; I do hope that you will return to the Aztec soon. Your positive feedback is much appreciated and I will ensure that this is passed on to the team.

Exeter, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

I've used Aztec Bristol on a number of occasions for meetings, first overnight stay this month.
Hotel is conveniently located if travelling by car, amenities are good and service standards are high.
Good location as a base for a day of meetings.

• Stayed March 2013
ShireHotels, Chris Hill - General Manager at Bristol Aztec Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments, it is very much appreciated. I will pass them on to the team.

South Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We were attending a function at this Hotel and decided to stay overnight. It was so easy to find and with my navigation skills this really was a plus. As soon as I walked into the hotel I thought ' I like this'. It just felt comfortable. It isn't modern and it is really quite dark in reception but it had a good feel. The receptionist was both professional and friendly, two qualities that often do not go hand in hand. On our way to our room we passed the Spa.The pool looked very inviting, and I so wished I had brought my swimming gear.
Our room was a little tired but again I really liked it. There was a iron and ironing board which is so useful but no always so readily available. We also had complementary milk. Not those awful pots of UHT milk that are so difficult to open but semi skimmed in a bottle. Also we had a complimentary bottle of water which was nice. My husband went swimming when we arrived and before breakfast and enjoyed himself.
The bed was very comfortable and the pillow so good that I looked to see the manufacturer. It was a little too soft for my husband but if we had been staying longer I think the hotel would have been able to supply a pillow to is liking.
Breakfast was very good. The room was light and airy and there was plenty of choice. You could help yourself to the full english breakfast or you could have freshly cooked food from the menu.
The Hotel is set in a retail park so there are no views but it is so convenient as a stop over or as a base for seeing Bristol or even going over the border to Wales .

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay at the Aztec; it is always so wonderful to receive such positive feedback. I will ensure your comments are passed on to the team.

Chris Hill - General Manager

Been to Bristol Aztec Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!