“Good stay, no issues. ” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Eastchurch
Stafford, United Kingdom
“Good stay, no issues. ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed overnight at The Shurland Hotel. Hotel itself looks good in the reception and bar areas, staff are all friendly.

Rooms are clean if a little tired, but it's nothing major. Beds comfy.

Free wi-fi throughout the hotel.

Breakfast was good and cooked to order.

Only downside was the car park. There are plenty of spaces but they seem to be used by everyone rather than just guests and can get over crowded for no reason.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Sittin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Enjoyed a lovely night at the Shurland on Bonfire night with my husband & 9yr old daughter. We were meeting up with a group of friends and decided to make a night of it -so glad we did!
This was our first stay at this hotel and we were really impressed with the funky reception and bar area and great restaurant facility.
The staff were friendly and helpful despite it being a very busy night, and manager Les was welcoming and accommodating throughout our stay.
Our room was lovely and clean, with fresh white sheets on the bed and plenty of towels in the bathroom. There were also excellent tea-making facilities, which my husband was very pleased about!
We had a great night with our friends - there was a great atmosphere, with a band playing, impressive fireworks display and of course the drinks were going down nicely! We turned in around midnight, and despite the party still being in full swing, we couldn't hear a thing and had a great nights sleep in the comfiest bed ever. A fab breakfast in the classy restaurant the next day rounded our stay off nicely. Thanks Les, thanks Shurland - we'll be back!!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

i have been staying here for the past 2 weeks (few days at a time for work) and have had a great experience. I have been located in a few different rooms and they have all been clean/tidy and kept to a high standard. Bed is made everyday and towels if required are always changed. The staff are so polite and helpful with any requests you may have. The bar area is clean with a great selection of drinks and the bar food menu is good value. The gym has been nicely re-done and has adequate facilities for all types of gym users. There is a large breakfast menu and if like me time is against you in the morning, kitchen staff are always willing to serve you quickly. On the whole I am extremely pleased with the service I have been provided. I have no concerns about my next 4 weeks leading up to Christmas I have booked here!!

• Stayed November 2014
S. Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2014

Been before but stayed weekend of Firework Display for Bonfire Night. Stayed in Room 17 it was very clean and comfy had lunch off bar menu which was really nice, staff are very friendly and helpful. The free entry firework display was lovely and well attended. There were burgers, hotdogs, popcorn, toffee apples available and at reasonable cost. Had a really nice weekend and would definitely stay again, so friendly it felt home from home.

Room Tip: Couldn't fault Room 17
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2014

A group of us stayed there for two nights. Very comfortable hotel. Staff friendly and approachable. Food was very good. I had a single room and it was very comfortable . All in all a nice comfortable stay. The assistant manager Matthew was very accommodating and helpful :)

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Weymouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2014

Third 3 night stop at this establishment, it was a case of having to for business reasons. I met Les the new manager at checking in.He was very approachable and stated that " they were getting there " so I looked forward to this stay with an open mind. This room was marginally better than on previous stops, it was fairly dust free and the carpet was pretty clean, just a few bits in corners. The bed sheets were clean and fresh towels etc. The kettle was bigger and not filthy looking. I was informed prior to arrival that I would be in the newer part of the hotel, not sure about that, but at least I was not right above the bar again. Bathroom was better with a bath/ shower combination with very hot water. The sink was odd and awkward, if like me you are a left hander as it was crammed into a right hand corner between the toilet and a very basic towel rail. There were holes on the back of the bathroom door where a coat hook had been. The toilet roll holder was hanging off the wall. During the 3 nights I was in there the Bathroom had not been cleaned and the towels had not been changed either. The breakfast experience was generally better, not hit and miss like previous visits, the staff are generally polite and friendly, however its hard to find them sometimes. To sum up I think there are improvements in some areas, but there is definitely a big divide between their budget service and the upper end of the scale. It is right and proper that I should not expect anything too flashy on the taxpayers dime, but come on, when my mum goes on holiday to her seaside B+B her room is cleaned every day and the towels changed, also the room is in good repair. I feel you should get at least that here and a little more attention to detail. Had I seen Les at any point after checking in or at departure I would have told him all this. Frankly looking at what you can expect within a ten mile radius and what they are charging for it I would not stay at the Shurland again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the back in the newer part, avoid the front and especially over the bar.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2014

My daughter and I stayed at the shurland with her 2 toddlers, for 2 nights whilst attending a wedding. Matt and Les were fantastic, friendly and helpful. Child friendly, which meant we could relax! Excellent breakfast. Would definitely recommend the hotel

Room Tip: Family room had a large king size bed, bunk beds and travel cot on request.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Been to The Shurland Hotel? Share your experiences!